Show Us Your Rental Car

Thank you @Kellstar and @Gearhead. I was going to sign up for C1VX, which gives President’s circle so will try it out next time.

They don’t send any quotes for international rentals. I signed up a few months ago and did not receive a single quote.

I have gotten international quotes from them all along. Most recent was last month.

I guess the market is tough right now. Been using them since 2016 and got amazing deals in the past but they have been meh last couple of years.

Strange, since I booked a few decent rentals during that time.

International has worked great for me, atleast for Europe.

However I don’t recommend, got like $500 worth of tickets while driving in Italy and Spain. Cost more than the rental.

2 Likes

Yes, Europe. And nothing other than their marketing emails.

anything on the lot

You can pick from any of the tiers under presidents circle as well, so you can grab from gold, five star etc. You are not limited to PS. I would recommend you check as well, tons of times the best cars were in Five Star or even Gold.

National is even better. Grab any car you want and just tell them it was in the Emerald Aisle. They don’t care. IMO National is typically more expensive but whenever we have used them we get an Audi/BMW SUV.

1 Like

Their offer for the last one was exactly what I could find myself, but a different provider. I wanted to avoid less reputed vendors so booked it with Enterprise but Autoslash’s lower quote (by a few $ total) was with one of the lesser reputable vendors so did not go though with that. Besides, my total for a week was like $140 total so it was cheap to begin with.

FYI, Autoslash has corporate representative account on FT and there is thread for Autoslash. They respond to questions pretty regularly.

1 Like

Saw this today:

Ha ha. Right?

I have gotten into habit of budgeting for violations.

I got one via a speed trap in Spain and another one in Austria. All others thru camera. But Google/Waze or some in car navigation systems show camera locations so that helps.

They will match from Presidents Circle as well. They all match with each other, it’s ridiculously easy. We did it for Avis too and came in handy for Europe.

It’s honestly ridiculous though, I got like a $100 fine for being 5mph over.

1 Like

Fine is one thing. Then there is rental agency admin fee and extremely complicated process to actually pay the fine.

On my latest Austria trip, I paid 35 euro cash at speed trap, got a ticket 2 months later for 65 euro which cost me a total of ~$130 and another one came in after 9 months for 75 euro, costing about $155 in the end.

2 Likes

This is bad advice. Roll the dice if you want to do the back up of shame.

These are part of aisles. They are not reserved cars. Higher status gives you access to all 3 aisles.

I’m on a red eye into Charleston. Think my options will be slim because of this?

Presidents Circle is the highest status. I am not referring to reserved cars of course.

1 Like

What the heck

Turo - does this count? :))

3 Likes

L2 Rivian? You gonna be there 2 days! lol

2 Likes