Show Us Your Rental Car

Which company?

national
…….

3 Likes

Which company?

I wanted to love the car but a few things bugged me… The center console is too high, my knee was constantly against the hard surface, worse when using cruise (I’m tall so it may not be an issue for some). Power windows are noticeably slow going up and down (I know it’s a weird thing to complain about). The center stack screen flickered with black spots on it a couple of times after driving off from charging. It’s certainly quick, interior material quality and overall fit or finish is really good.

2 Likes

Hertz. $240 for 4 days at LAX.

1 Like

Rented both of these from Omoren! GR Yaris is a hoot to drive, while S660 is engaging by being so tiny and unfiltered.

6 Likes

Long Beach CA from Avis. Reserved a full size car but, by the time I arrived late on a Saturday night, all that was left was this Buick Envision with 48,XXX on the clock. Think it’s the first Buick I have ever driven and was ready to dislike it. Despite nearly 50K hard miles, it drove well, had adequate power, no squeaks or rattles, and got great mileage. Rebooked several times through Costco from $310 down to $235 for 4 days so overall pleased with it.

2 Likes

Suburban with SIXT LAX- good price, but everything else would not recommend. Reserved for 1145pm, store hours are til 1230am. When I land I want to confirm they have a shuttle running and they tell me they’re closed at 1155. So I have no choice but to wait and see if the shuttle comes- it’s comes at 1220am, otherwise I’d walk to the rideshare and catch a ride. Waited an hour at the SIXT line. Then I read all the yelp nightmare reviews of all this ridiculous charges and I was nervous, luckily haven’t gotten any fees.

G70 was pretty neat in Austin-SA area. Avis. It was except the ridiculous fee to add a second driver.

Not pictured, Cadillac XT4 Austin Tx. Pictured, homelessness around downtown SA. sad.

2 Likes

Drove 750 miles around Colorado, mostly in the mountains in a 58,000 mile rwd 4 runner. It got a bit hairy on the snow covered dirt pass between winter park and vail but it made it.

5 Likes

I didn’t know 4 runner came with RWD

Fox stocks them only try to upsell you on a 4wd for literally 3x the original cost of the rental. I told him it would be cheaper to crash it. I was mostly joking but he didn’t even crack a smile.

5 Likes

I did something similar and rented a 4x4 4runner for a ski trip in Colorado and drove it 1500 miles.

It’s much more of an adventure if you don’t know if you’ll make it to the top of the hill.

1 Like

Does anyone know what DOLLAR has for EV cars…(HNL specifically)
I know they have Tesla and maybe Polestar, anything else ??? I did see a great $55/day taxes included EV Manager’s special in Hawaii-HNL for next week for a day or two, but I wouldn’t get anything else other than the two above, Bolt would be a pain to recharge quick. Tesla works best… if nobody chimes in, when I rent I will circle back and re-post here :+1:

1 Like

So, those “Manager Special EV” with Dollar are Bolts or Niro FYI-I asked the reps and they confirmed :+1:

2 Likes

FWIW the Niro is a fun car. I just sold mine cuz I needed something bigger and wanted a PHEV but it was pretty fun in sport mode.

3 Likes

What does off airport and $206 a week on spring break in Orlando get you?

The honor of taking this Dodge Journey over the 70k mileage mark.

12 Likes

Ouch. Which rental company was that?

1 Like

At least you didn’t get a RAV4!

5 Likes

Or, heaven forbid, a mitsubishi

6 Likes