Show Us Your Rental Car

Thanks for the info Trism…learn something new every day on LH!

When I saw the AMEX rental coverage by rental period as primary for only $20, almost applied but then notice I probably won’t get the card in time.

1 Like

+1 for the Sixt subscription service. I found it slightly less expensive than Costco on a long term rental. You pay a one time subscription fee and then the rental cost which auto renews every 30 days until you return the car. The downside is you can’t return it mid month and pay a prorated charge, and they sometimes have mileage limitations. Their customer service and car selection down in South Florida was excellent. I had a brand new Tahoe Premier and was very satisfied.

Targeted email

Apply for it. They give a virtual number instantly to start an Amex account and apple pay or any virtual wallet supported.

rental 1
rental 2

My car for 30 days- rented for Avis (upgraded from full sized car due to lack of inventory). Sold my BMW trying to cash out as much as possible as prices were falling. Hopefully a jeep will show up before I have to renew for another 30 days.

Not much has changed in the 4Runner (other than body style and infotainment) since I owned one 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Hertz, in the great state of Texas :slight_smile:
2020 Nissan Rogue with 19k miles and with FL tags. Smells of paint though… most likely been in a front-end collision. Front bumper sensors don’t seem to be working right.

1 Like

Hope they don’t report it stolen :innocent:

1 Like

I just read that article :rofl::joy::rofl: ah well…

1 Like

hertz was so nice before May 2020, drove some of the nice cars - Escalade, 5er, 7er, A6, Gladiator Rubi, Hendrick Camaro and so many others - with pretty much 0 miles on the clock. Recently flew thru Des Moines only to see a 2011 Infiniti FX in their fleet.

Thru Turo. Fun while it lasted!

3 Likes

Since I didn’t have a cc with primary rental car insurance I looked into Sure rental car insurance (Not for Turo).

Has anyone used Sure insurance for rental cars?
https://support.sureapp.com/hc/en-us

Vettes are near the top of “most fun” for my rental history. Stingray convertible, regular coupe, couple of Z06’s. Good bang for the buck and actually not bad to ride in, though storage is nearly 0. If you can get over the lack of “look at me” that say a Lamborghini maintains, I would argue the Z06 is a difficult car to beat. At one time, I had a Huracan and a Z06 (rented at the same time) and I would almost take the Z06 first. Again, this is disregarding the its a Chevy vs its a Lambo.

Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
I liked the car, except felt the upholstery was cheap.

4 Likes

Here’s some of my favorites…

The Z06 at the time was my best deal, Hertz let me stack a bunch codes and it ended up costing me like $450 for the weekend (Fri-Mon). The AMG was another good deal too, I reserved a Vette but the rep let me choose between other cars in the class. I think she mistook the AMG for a SL450 :joy::joy: but I wasn’t gonna correct her. I ended up getting it for about $500 for the weekend. The AMG was my favorite of the bunch by far!

Edit: After looking at my receipt the AMG was actually $409, so maybe that was my best deal lol.

5 Likes

Not sure if it still works but one way around mileage restrictions on dream cars was to upgrade into it at the desk from a regular type.

1 Like

I think the Z06 was something like 75 miles a day. I was in Orlando and even with me finding any and every excuse to go for rides, I didn’t even come close to that total. And to my surprise the AMG was unlimited miles through Enterprise Exotics.

1 Like

Yep, it is often overlooked by the agents… though the contract technically should be adjusted. Obviously, you have to take the risk of being stuck with your reservation as well.

1 Like

Interesting, as I don’t believe Enterprise Exotics are typically unlimited mileage… IIRC.

It surprised me too, but they are.

Had this on my road trip on CA coast from Sixt. Drives like a truck and built like a tank. Seems like all rental car prices have gone up now.

2 Likes