Show us your desk! 👨🏻‍💻

More of a dining area than an actual room! Chairs are cheapo $40 chairs from Amazon, but they’re decently comfortable and sturdy.

https://www.amazon.com/GreenForest-Dining-Chairs-Strong-Cushion/dp/B01K9TUHPO/

3 Likes

Has been very quiet since this whole thing started. People are actually using the ED like they should. Normally 50-60 in the waiting room with 10 hour waits, now empty waiting room with waits no longer than 30 minutes.

We’re still anxiously waiting for the onslaught of very sick covid patients, but just a steady trickle for now. We have noticed a sharp increase in positive patients - but likely due to faster/more testing capabilities.

Guys I see a few chairs that hurt my back just looking at them.

Best bang for buck right here. Great ventilation as well-

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Hyken-Technical-Mesh-Task-Chair-Black/product_990119

2 Likes

For when you’ve had beans for dinner

3 Likes

@ethanjlr Volvo dealer in the back is looking to be jealous at that RGB.

@biturbo K70? If so, it is definitely worth it.

1 Like

New Pic Soon

I also have those Ikea coasters! They’re awesome. Although the dog thought they were a frisbee once and broke one.

4 Likes

This a picture I took a few months ago after cleaning.

10 Likes

Pencil sharpener is best part of this.

Love that desk. Is that a custom-built? I need a real desk instead of this shitty folding table :frowning:

Tell your co-worker to stop slacking off!

1 Like

Your setup looks like it came out of some trendy furniture catalog.

1 Like

Mine is ridiculously simple because my company held out until the city basically mandated us to work from home so it was never an issue before. I’m going to have make some upgrades now since this is going to last…a while!

3 Likes

With that setup… wire management is a must. You have the perfect desk for it.

Looks like it’s from IKEA. Have the same setup but with a black wood tabletop.

You should see all the wires that are managed!

My networking lab is ever-changing so it’s hard to keep the cable management up to snuff. I’m always swapping one device out for another. Actually was browsing server cabinets earlier today after seeing all these clean setups and feeling sloppy.

Kind of. It’s made from multiple different Ikea pieces that I just attached to each other.

It’s made from Alex drawers and a 74" L Karlby Countertop.

Will do! He’s actually dropping balls in my lap right now trying to get me to play with him.

So I had huge plans to fix all the cable management, but I’m moving soon, so I decided to hold off on it until it gets to the new place!

For anyone interested in that chair, there’s an online coupon (60426) which will take another $15 off ontop of the 30% off sale. Also, two codes for increased rewards points, if you have a rewards acct.

Makes the chair $145 before taxes etc.

4 Likes

Gotta love Honey!

Thanks! I love it as well. I’ve had it for about 15 years now after rescuing it from the garbage. It works better than most new ones. It’s about 25 years old.

1 Like