Show us your desk! 👨🏻‍💻

What’s your work from home setup these days?

Any upgrades you are shopping for?

11 Likes

My office is in the basement. It’s cold, dark and I hear every time someone walks upstairs.

4 Likes

Daybed…

6 Likes

Yassssssssss!

Why hasn’t Herman Miller made a chair that just becomes a napping pod?

That’s a dooooope setup. I’m jealllly man

2 Likes

Have you considered adding another computer?

6 Likes

Thanks. 13 years self-employed and writing off upgrades. The podcast stuff is in closet and I’m debating monitor arms and 1 more display. But I prob don’t need it.

I have a couple year-old dell i9 baby tower in closet if needed, and always something running in the cloud(z). My first roommate had a data center in his apartment (he moved multiple racks in, and this wasn’t bitcoin mining these were all Sparcs). This is just a few screens

What’s really missing is a BBT, but I can imagine other ways to spend 25k/mo.

I want to see your offices! Even if it’s your laptop on the couch.

Oh there is also a backup Macbook in the file cabinet. How about a quick family photo (minus the phone and cloud machines)

2 Likes

4 Likes

I really need a bigger desk. I end up putting my work laptop in front of my computer to use the desk space.

I suppose it would help if I moved the stack of plaques off my desk. I just don’t have anywhere good to put them and I’m moving soon, so not much point in hanging them on the wall. At least they make a good printer stand.

2 Likes

Pretty simple, though Mac is fairly old and decide to die this week. Ugh:(

1 Like

Ummm, your credit card?

3 Likes

Lucky for me, our house was just listed for sale, so the office is the cleanest it’s ever been :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I got this iMac a couple months ago, it replaced an identical one from 2013 that died the day the new one arrived (possibly from shame). Like refrigerators they go until they don’t- good tools are money well spent.

1 Like

Shhhh I’m in the middle of buying something.

Thanks Slava!

1 Like

OPSEC 2020

I don’t care much for that:) all credit card have been stolen already through all retail stores hacks.

5 Likes

Well, I bought you something and it’s being shipped to your house. Happy early birthday buddy

1 Like

It died once already - it was power supply but luckily I was a able to change it under warranty (last few months of Apple care).
But this time looks like video is on the way out.
That’s one part of all-in-one solutions I hate - can’t change parts independently

1 Like

Shunned to the basement as well. At least the concrete walls help keep the radiation in to keep me warm?

4 Likes