Should there be a law against ADM?

Another dealer fined for deceptive pricing.

It seems some states already have laws in the books regarding pricing disclosure. Read up on your state laws and head to the dealer equipped with that knowledge. If they don’t disclose their bs add-ons, remind them of the law that they violated to get you in the door.

I would say 95% of dealers only list msrp online. I don’t agree with it but it’s def the norm not the exception.

1 Like

Must’ve pissed of the wrong lawyer-karenesque customer

1 Like

Not really. DMV dealers love to double charge destination fees - it pisses me off and when you point it out they just sweat and smile.

When I was hacking my V60, the Giulia was actually another option I was attempting to hack on an Ally 24 mo lease. I got the discount, etc. on my first email - but they double charged destination and adds they wouldn’t remove which killed my Alfa intentions (all for the better IG).

A lot of drama with Koons over charging on things and jacking up MF.

One of the reasons I’ve stayed away from them recently.

2 Likes

A lot of the MD dealers are closer to me than most I’m looking at in NJ and PA, but I usually skip over them because I always hear crap like this.

made me worry about my order, man

Deleting post as it is not related to ADM.

1 Like

Tesla and other EV startups will continue to be the big beneficiary from the outdated manufacturer, dealer, customer model of the legacy carmakers.

2 Likes

The Koons Volvo store in Baltimore was phenomenal when I considered them for my XC60 T8 Inscription. They just didn’t have the color combo I wanted on the way and CARB states were delayed versus non-CARB states like Virginia.

Extremely transparent, easy to communicate with, ethical, etc. Must be the difference in mentality between luxury and mass-market.

That explains everything lol

1 Like

The extra month delay versus the Virginia dealers combined with no Denim Blue / Amber XC60 T8 killed the deal. Liked my salesperson and the sales manager enough to recommend them though.

1 Like

100% this. Or even the big box stores like carmax or carvana. Easy online buying is where things should go.

forum favorite Koons back in the news

1 Like

I almost fainted lol dam dude l cant belief the mark ups
Any word on when it will go back to normal
Tesla it is they should allow people to order this

Normal is a few years away.

Tesla does the same thing with their constant Price increases. Model 3 saw a $6K price increase over 6 week time period recently.

2 Likes

Except Tesla doesn’t have third parties (dealers) charging more than the MSRP. With some research, all brands can be found for MSRP right now. So its not really the same thing. If Toyota’s MSRP went up $10k, you’d still have dealers charging markups over that.

3 Likes

I’m genuinely curious from the dealer perspective - is the ‘market adjustment’ on these, the way that dealers are recouping lost revenue due to the lack of inventory? is it a way to manage what little inventory there is? or kinda like a Disney model where prices reflect what the market is willing to pay right now? or a combination of all factors?

$60k sounds like a tough sell but the Toyota brand is so strong, it’s still going to sell well. Take a risk on a Tesla with notorious after sales care? - or a Toyota with a perception it’ll last forever? I know what i’d pick.

1 Like