Should there be a law against ADM?

The 2-3% they earn on those deposits would be considered revenue and obv that segment would be profitable with low risk and almost zero overhead allocated to it. Most companies have a pretty robust treasury management function.

Check out these geniuses…dumb and scary on so many levels. Wonder if they paid adms as well.
Also could be a sales ploy to normalize these mortgage size payments.

https://twitter.com/jessicaray0/status/1563329075153760256?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1563329075153760256|twgr^432d449d3df7028587798cf0f4ab895da51bc42a|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.roadandtrack.com%2Fnews%2Fa41018705%2Fviral-dealership-video-shows-monthly-car-payments-are-out-of-control%2F

2 Likes

Obviously as a consumer I don’t like the idea of ADM. I don’t think cars should be sold above sticker price, but I’m not sure I want legislation passed about it. As a business owner, when goods I buy to resell were in short supply I never charged a markup more than my normal prices. As a few have suggested here, this is Capitalism. People do have a choice. Everybody says they “need” a new car. You can buy out your current lease. You opt to buy or lease a different make or model. You can get your current vehicle repaired. You can buy or lease your new car from a different dealership in a different state in a different region of the country. You can hire a broker from LH here to get you the car you want at the best price in the current market.

Based on a quick google search this is Larry H MIller in SURPRISE, AZ. They’re a 10 minute drive from Luke AFB, which leads me to believe their business is exchanging enlistment bonuses for base chargers/challengers at 23% APR.

1 Like

Nothing says “reliable used car at a fair price” like a dealership within 5 miles of a military base, waiving every service branch flag just below the US flag.

3 Likes

I don’t either but as principle goes, same should apply to selling below MSRP? Either dealer can change the prices or they can’t. I dont believe its right for them to be able to discount when they have to but not charge mark-ups when they need to

While I am against more regulation just for the sake of it and if a dealer wants a mark up let them charge it…I would like to see something like what happened to the airlines in 2012 where they could no longer advertise a $200 flt to Europe and then afterwards add $100 taxes, $47 in fees, and another fee just for breathing the air.

The regulation said charge what you want it just has to be clearly spelled out for the consumer so it eliminated quite a bit of bait and switch and general crap that pissed off consumers. I see very few complaining about that regulation. It still embraces capitalism while regulating that it all needs to be upfront and disclosed.

Add hotels and airbnbs to that. I tried to book an Airbnb and it was a decent price then comes the taxes fees and cleaning fees. Hotels always have some required amenity fee they hit you with. Optional stuff obviously is fine to leave out, but not mandatory fees. Truth in advertising was never really a thing that I remember. Want to have your kind blown? Give this a watch…the formation of advertised aka propaganda.

2 Likes

Whatever it takes to move a product.

NFCU’s bonus CDs 2 years ago were amazing. But they’re a CU, and I don’t consider them predatory like a buy-here-pay-here lot that expect you on the 1st and 15th.

Meanwhile, my Citi new money bonus landed earlier this week, and the bonus got a bonus, and they paid for Amazon Prime and Hulu. 90 days, four figures (most tax free), easy peasy. What’s next? Not NF CDs — my MM is paying almost as much as those bonus CDs did.

Same playbook, different magnitude.

Dress up a shitty product in patriotism, and uninformed people will eat it up.

PenFed is more my speed anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

“straightforward savings account with a competitive APY.” :rofl:

1 Like

That edit was the correct wording. PenFed is a $50 insurance policy in case their auto program has an incentive I need that month. They don’t even get my class action settlement checks.

I have accounts at NF and PF, also for miscellaneous reasons.

That’s how I know how awful their products are.

1 Like

If we’re honest, the majority of credit unions are in the stone age, the rest use someone like fiserv to project the appearance of bronze age tools. The last CU I belonged to before NF (named for one of the signature buildings in DC) makes NF look like the Starship Enterprise. #onlyCOBOLspokenHere

No markups, excellent customer service, because the product requires NCR carbon paper (never the generic) and an abacus.

3 Likes

CUs are the TJ Maxx of financial services.

They both sell mostly garbage, but every hundredth look you’ll find a Liz Claiborne carry-on bag for $17.

3 Likes

It is “SUGGESTED” after all

Lololol.

I have a PF account as well, and I concur.

Another big reason why the government might not be inclined to pass a law against ADM? They make money off of ADMs as well.

When I saw this video I was a bit shocked at how many over 1k payments :sweat_smile:

I like my $337 4Runner payment :joy:

2 Likes

350 tundra for me! These people might be making 100-150k a year in that video from what I know of dealership salaries. Looks like a finance and sales manager. Then the lady with the 1300/mo, she might be a cashier?

2 Likes