Should there be a law against ADM?

Name the dealer

At least the 100K markup dealer is telegraphing their desire to keep it.

The socal dealer that does msrp on Cadillacs :wink:

@Jrouleau426 you are buying a z06 with a 50k adm? :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

It’s a Miami thing.

1 Like

Ah shi…I just reserved a lyriq from them last week but they hadn’t contact me yet

From casa?

@IAC you hiring? I want in tol

Yeah Sherman oaks

Yeah, I don’t mind the ADMs. Either someone pays it or it sits.

Yeah I cancelled the ct5 deposit after the 8k price increase🤢

1 Like

It’s all good considering they wouldn’t have sold it to you at MSRP anyways.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of what you mentioned
Wonder why a change of heart…

Oh I thought I told you already. My bad. Went camping this weekend and forgot.

1 Like

Because they typically get one shot at a sale with you, and it’s much easier to lose you over the phone than after you’ve made the time (and emotional) commitment to show up in person.

Plus they can’t misplace the keys to your trade if you aren’t present.

5 Likes

Just a flip. We’ll see what the market is on them soon. If it’s not worth the 50k I just won’t take it

2 Likes

What legal recourse really? Do people really sue dealers for a email saying they will do MSRP deals?

He put a $5k deposit down for an agreed upon price of msrp. They got the truck and wanted 20k over msrp. Yes you would have cause to sue if he had the “msrp deal” in writing.

1 Like

Cheaper for everyone to pay the man back his deposit unless he goes to the media and social media with it to force their hand.

1 Like

That’s one way to borrow money at 0% these days!

1 Like

Elon is a master at this through the FSD grift.

2 Likes

I actually read this a while ago that while money from FSD deposits goes into Tesla’s coffers, they actually can’t claim profit for it.
From an accounting perspective, a company can claim profit for goods sold or services provided and money taken. Since they have taken the money but not provided said goods, it doesn’t show up on their income statement as revenue…