Should there be a law against ADM?

^ what’s the context here that you need to add the screenshot?

Pulling out an excerpt from a broader conversation isn’t intellectual lol

3 Likes

I am considering dumping money into gold ETFs. (GLD) has actually slightly outperformed the S&P since 2004!

2 Likes

Ah you really think that insane rant needs further context?

I don’t get what’s so contentious about his point

He is stating his opinion- perhaps you may want to express your opinion

2 Likes

Well kellsar. Search my posts from last year saying to buy oil and other commodities. Compare that to your stocks. Pretty sure I win that one bud. But hold paper. See who’s ahead next year

Funny you think I’m a boomer. I’m 39…

5 Likes

Huh? There isn’t anything contentious about it. The man is absolutely off his rocker.

1 Like

Lol - he’s living a great life - I think he’s fine lol

3 Likes

I’m off my rocker bc I’ve been saying for 3 years here that inflation is coming, it isn’t transistory and it’s caused by the fed and money printing. lol. I’d call that being ahead of the curve. My portfolio reflects that too

Oh yeah and I called the top this year in tech while calling out my shorts.

4 Likes

Wife is a boomer, and I can’t leave the house until my top matches my shorts.

3 Likes

It is a pretty common sentiment right now the the dollar is going to get devalued and commodities are going to continue up(that includes gold/silver). Odds of US heading to a recession end of this year is increasing.

2 Likes

You should imho. Respectfully, those types of “people” are likely a decent percentage of your client base, frustrated with being taken advantage of by car dealerships in a normal market, outraged by the insane amount of greed demonstrated in the current market- those “people” could decide to do some research, find LH, and become loyal repeat customers of the LH dealers and brokers who took care of their clients during these crazy times.

My point is people won’t pay more to dealer A in 2 years just because dealer B had markups then. In 2 years dealer B is $2000 off and dealer A is $1000 off they will go for the cheaper deal.

The dealer I used to get 10-12% off tundras/tacos are now charging a markup on a lot of models, and getting it. I’m positive when/if things get better they will be the first ones back to those large discounts bc they’re playing the business cycle perfectly.

2 Likes

While this could be true for your dealer, making it a blanket statement as if it’s applicable across the board is false.

Your from FL iirc, so here’s an example that should make sense to you. Braman BMW is one of the worst when it comes to ADM’s in this market, whereas Holman is not selling over MSRP.

If/when the market returns to normal, I am positive Holman will net the majority of normal consumers the better deal. Braman might try to advertise a better discount, but my money says Holman nets the better OTD price.

1 Like

I’m from Pa, arguably the region with the best deals. I would never buy a car in Florida although I now live here.

It’s a blanket statement I’m basing off experience though. Higher volume dealers need to mark up on these low supply times to stay profitable.

If I needed to sell 10k cars at 1000 profit

Now I only have 5k cars to sell. I need twice as much profit. Simple math.

1 Like

I actually said WTF and blindly followed one of your recommendations. Got out after making 65% in a month.

2 Likes

What did you buy?

All honesty I lose money on my picks all the time. But the stuff I truly believe in and have been pumping the last 2 years is up well over 100%

1 Like

UVXY and sold at the top

1 Like

Simple math for the “honest” dealer.

Advantageous times where the crooks are letting greed override simple math.

Let’s not forget MSRP is already markup for most of us. ADM’s are not a cookie cutter scenario. Sometimes it’s understandable, sometimes it’s obvious - Other times the crooks are being exposed and blacklisted by consumers understandably so.

I play that every Friday and usually hold until tuesdays. Lots of risk reward so def be careful on that and always set stop losses. It’s not something you ever hold long term with its decay. I just picked up 10k shares today at 13.70!

2 Likes

Nice!I got a few at 14ish

1 Like