Should I wait for Thanksgiving deals to lease a 2020 Pacifica?

Hi, strongly considering waiting another 2weeks instead of getting one now.

What makes you think there will be thanksgiving specific deals?

2 Likes

That’s the situation every lease. Should I jump on a deal now or wait for better (or worse) incentives ?

You just might feel like a real turkey if big incentives are issued later in the month (or in December).

1 Like

You should buy cars on Labor Day weekend, Memorial Day weekend, Christmas, and Black Friday. Best deals.

Just kidding, there’s no reason to wait for thanksgiving, you won’t get a better deal than that you can’t get around the month. Shop at your timely convenience.

3 Likes

I don’t. My hesitation and anxiety is solely based on the unknown

There’s always the chance of getting a dealer at the end of the month trying to hit a volume bonus, but that has everything to do with it being the end of the month and nothing to do with thanksgiving.

My advice? Identify the price you’re willing to pay now based on an aggressive, but realistic target and start shopping it now. If you’re not in a hurry, don’t cave to a dealer not willing to do what you want. If you get the price now, great. If no one moves now, you may have luck at the end of the month with a desperate dealer.

1 Like

The end of the month thing is not a guarantee of anything. He has no way of knowing the dealers internal books or if they haven’t already outsold past their quota.

Too much of an unknown factor, that’s why I always say just shop at your convenience. Can’t base financial decisions on unknowns. He can get lucky, but I recommend sending emails out to multiple dealers instead of physically going there.

3 Likes

bingo. That’s the part of the game I wish wasn’t a part of the game

Absolutely agree, but it has a better chance of happening than a mysterious Thanksgiving sale that doesn’t exist.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Oh goodie…another holiday thread!

Gotta give marketing credit for giving everyone an illusion of huge savings on their next car purchase during a holiday. Why does anyone buy a car any other day?

2 Likes

Then hire a broker

1 Like

Sometimes the factory holiday incentives are very real. But last time this argument started Hondas2000 tried to prove it wasn’t a factor by showing Mercedes ran a free first payment promotion at labor day but it was the same promo they ran in February… Turns out that was presidents weekend promo :joy:

So yes, sometimes there are specific deals to be had. A free first payment by the Mercedes factory is not a small thing

But I do agree with you the concept is mostly illusional and the savings are mostly incremental at best

2 Likes

This is an example of lease hacker dogma that gets repeated as nauseam but just isn’t actually true.

Is this better?

2 Likes

Brands very very rarely put any additional incentives for holidays. The uneducated masses soak up these “sales” and go crazy for them, thus making the dealerships busier and negating the possibility of larger discounts due to slow business

2 Likes

wait, are we NOT supposed to risk injury or death by storming Walmart on a Friday after Thanksgiving? You got to be dumb to shop on any other day. :grin:

I still miss Black Friday trampling incidents. If I were in charge of marketing I would make a giant TV for like $1.99 and have one of them hidden somewhere in the store. I’d then open the doors at 7:00AM and cause absolute chaos (and cheap reality TV)

My favorite is when a fight breaks out over a toaster. A freaking toaster! A $10 item people buy once or twice in their lifetime. Now that TVs got smaller and lighter, you can watch people actually smashing them over each others’ heads.

2 Likes

Man you will never know which dealer has not hit its numbers. Sept had some crazy rebates on Jeep and called last day a few hours before closing. Manager called back himself and offered 44.5k jeep for 399 a month with first month as DAS in NY. I asked him what discount and he said only 4%. Previously i have gotten 10% and would have been a great deal. He pretty much said I have already hit my numbers so this is just one more unit in my book. Most dealers especially metropolitan areas will most like will make sure they hit that quota before the last day. So lesson is depends on the deal you got and OP has offered none.

1 Like