Should I lease a Model X?

How much would you pay and how you get to that price?

I would look into a balloon loan for a Model X (with return option) if you are looking for lease-like ownership.
The payments will be much lower. You can get into an MXP for $1000/mo with inceptions DAS.

1 Like

Man I’m not a huge fan of Tesla but some of you all take it to the next level haha.

My brother in law has a model X and Y because of his wife, and he hates both of them but especially the X. He’s tolerant of the Y.

I think leasing any EV is the right move if you can keep under the miles, so you don’t have to worry about tech changes or depreciation-especially when Tesla lowers the price so much.

Is it true Tesla doesn’t pass on the $7500 lease savings? Any other EVs you’d consider? Lots of possibilities at $1000/month.

What is a balloon loan?

Only looking at 3 row EVs. Not many on market. I am looking at an EV9 today. Only issue I have with the EV9 is the charging network when it comes to long trips. I know there are just some trips I cant take it on compared to tesla with superchargers.

Weren’t you looking at Kias a month ago and now you’re ok with 1500/month?

It’s your money but the X is already super dated and EV price wars are in full swing. I wouldn’t bank on it being worth much after 3 years. If you’re already insisting on zero down just wait till that balloon loan comes due!!

2 Likes

Man, if you live a Gucci life and money is no object, lease the X. I think a lot of us on LH are value conscious. It’s not about driving the cheapest car, but about being flexible and driving the car that we like for half the price as what everyone else is playing. On the X, you will be paying what everyone else is playing.

Edit: You mind as pay a few more bucks and get the plaid. YOLO.

Thats the main benefit of a lease I see. I hope in 3 years the value of my X is garbage. That way I am not leaving positive equity when I turn it in.

What I wanted a month or 2 ago has no bearing on where I am now

I want a 6 seater, so it only makes sense to go with Plaid.

My main question is are there any pitfalls with a Tesla lease I am not aware of with regard to all criteria I listed in my original post that I already know.

I think are just hating on Tesla in general without really consider my original post

2 Likes

No. Tesla is straight forth. It even calculates your taxes and fees for you now right on the website. Looks like no plaid X in SoCal inventory. You’ll probably have to order for Oct-Nov delivery unless you find one in local inventory that you like. $250 non refundable order fee.

Edit: congrats on convincing your wife that the plaid X is the perfect family car

2 Likes

Some of OP’s comments here make me wonder if OP hates money.

If that is the case, leasing a Model X is an effective strategy.

Welp, congrats on your new car!

1 Like

EV9 does look good. Basically electric Telluride which is highly rated.

If you are taking this vehicle on long trips and want an EV I’d say Tesla is the way to go. I love EV’s but I would not buy one if I had to take long trips in one.

I do not know how good a third row is in an X but hopefully you are only putting little kids there for the next three years?

Don’t take this the wrong way but it does. You’ve created 9 threads in the last 4 months all with the same generic question and different vehicles. You’ve been on here long enough to know what variables make a good lease. The fact that you’re even asking if it’s a good idea to lease a model x just means you’re trolling us all.

1 Like

Tesla does not pass $7500 Ev rebate on a lease when most others do. There is nothing else in leasing X besides what you already know. X has its already well documented issues but it is nothing even close to negative as some say. Otherwise they would not have sold that many. I would think you would be ahead if you purchase vs lease but thats a gamble. Your chances of winning that gamble is much higher if you are eligible for 7500 federal rebate as Tesla doesnt pass it on a lease. My crystal ball says there wont be as dramatic discounts to it but you never know. Elon is crazy and he can afford to prolong the price war he started in a bid to take higher market share .

1 Like

If you can wait, I would be curious about the upcoming Lucid Gravity SUV with three row option. Their leases seem more favorable than Tesla’s.

Because if you buy or lease a Tesla, you end up driving a Tesla.

I am not trying to troll anyone. I honestly want input if there were any other issues with leasing a Tesla I wasn’t accounting for from the list of items in my original post. I wasn’t asking generically if a Tesla lease was bad/good. Maybe my situation or questions are to specific actually. I am concerned about more things then just bottom line price.

Doesn’t matter anyway now. Test drove the X and the wife and kids hated it. My one kid was actually crying she hated it so much.

1 Like

Your kid is smart

2 Likes