Should I lease a Model X?

Then how do you explain people buying them?

They arenā€™t sane.

4 Likes

I am buying an S Plaid if the price drops by another $10k. Over a 1000 hp for $80k (plus $5k from my state if the MSRP drops to $80k so $75k net) would be insane not to buy. Even at the current $90k price it is tempting.

2 Likes

Tax deduction for legitimate business use is helpful.

How would a balloon loan look for the OP @z0lt3c

Owning a Tesla past 4 years is punishment. Donā€™t do it.

You need to test drive a 48 month old model X that was used as a family haulerā€¦ the dampers will be shot, the interior will rattle like a Dodge Caravan, the half shafts will shudder, the doors will be misaligned, and the touch screen will be laggy as hell.

So leasing sucks and owning it sucks. Just avoid even if it has Plaid, FSD, and seats 7. Itā€™s only nice for a very short while.

2 Likes

You canā€™t really explain it. Letā€™s get into the Model X. People were spending $100k for the car, which lacked features that even $50k cars had. It wasnā€™t the most comfortable, best to drive, or ā€œprestigiousā€. They probably look at some ā€œfeaturesā€ like fart mode and non existent FSD and buy it. The quality is akin to that of a 30k car. It also has barely been updated since itā€™s released. Also, the third row is not exactly suitable. They just wanted the ability to call it a 7 seater. I donā€™t really see the point of Plaid because itā€™s just straight line performance. Of course, if you still want to get the car, then do it. Finance would be better is all weā€™re saying.

I used to be a mega Tesla homer. I have 3 Powerwalls, Tesla solar, 2 Tesla EV wall connectors, (had) a red Model 3 Performance and (had) a Model X Ultra Red 7-seater with 22ā€ to cap off my ā€œdream Tesla garageā€

I think I had some of Elonā€™s cologne in my medicine cabinet.

But Tesla told me I was a freaking idiot for buying Tesla. Model X sucked with horrible build quality and kept shutting down. Tesla told me to go eff myself because Iā€™m not the type of person to appreciate Tesla.

I showed them a picture of my garage with the aforementioned Tesla gear and they said I took those images off the Internet, even though they could see the cars and Powerwalls on my goddamn Tesla account.

TLDR, some Model X buyers or leasers are idiots with their head up Elonā€™s a**. Now that Iā€™ve wised up, Iā€™m never buying Tesla again.

4 Likes

What sucks about leasing? Seems leasing would get rid of the issues you mentioned at 48 months since I would only have it fir 36 months at the max.

I know people have their own opinion on Tesla but my original question is if i am missing anything with leasing. I know leaseing has mileage, canā€™t buy at the end, and other normal lease restrictions. I honestly donā€™t want to own the Tesla or any car. Having the title to the car doesnā€™t mean anything to me. I like how leaseing simplifies the process of getting a new car every 3 years or less.

I am just tryingbto see if there is anything I am missing with a Tesla lease compared to other leases I did in the past.

Sorry, but I dont see how this is relavant.

I dont own a business

How much would you pay and how you get to that price?

I would look into a balloon loan for a Model X (with return option) if you are looking for lease-like ownership.
The payments will be much lower. You can get into an MXP for $1000/mo with inceptions DAS.

1 Like

Man Iā€™m not a huge fan of Tesla but some of you all take it to the next level haha.

My brother in law has a model X and Y because of his wife, and he hates both of them but especially the X. Heā€™s tolerant of the Y.

I think leasing any EV is the right move if you can keep under the miles, so you donā€™t have to worry about tech changes or depreciation-especially when Tesla lowers the price so much.

Is it true Tesla doesnā€™t pass on the $7500 lease savings? Any other EVs youā€™d consider? Lots of possibilities at $1000/month.

What is a balloon loan?

Only looking at 3 row EVs. Not many on market. I am looking at an EV9 today. Only issue I have with the EV9 is the charging network when it comes to long trips. I know there are just some trips I cant take it on compared to tesla with superchargers.

Werenā€™t you looking at Kias a month ago and now youā€™re ok with 1500/month?

Itā€™s your money but the X is already super dated and EV price wars are in full swing. I wouldnā€™t bank on it being worth much after 3 years. If youā€™re already insisting on zero down just wait till that balloon loan comes due!!

2 Likes

Man, if you live a Gucci life and money is no object, lease the X. I think a lot of us on LH are value conscious. Itā€™s not about driving the cheapest car, but about being flexible and driving the car that we like for half the price as what everyone else is playing. On the X, you will be paying what everyone else is playing.

Edit: You mind as pay a few more bucks and get the plaid. YOLO.