“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

As a new Q4 50 Premium is < $600 OTD I would ask a broker here to trade it in and roll the over (or absorb) into your new payments.

How can you be sure if you are getting any equity applied to a new lease when getting a new one??
BMW 330 lease due soon

Thanks

Ask them how much they are giving you for your trade. If they are giving you higher than you payoff it means they are applying the equity in your new lease.

1 Like

2021 X3M Comp - car was leased in April 2021 and got close to 10-11% off MSRP
34k miles currently - 36k lease (up in April), so I will be over miles probably by at least 2-3k
Current Payment - $906/month
Residual - $45,179
KBB Value Trade In Value - $48-$50k
Private Sale - $53-55k??

Currently have 4 payments left and I feel like payment for this car is untouchable nowadays. I love this car and can’t imagine getting rid of it but just purchased new home and have a baby on the way. All my leases are typically returned so never gone through this process before. Please convince me it’s worthwhile - was considering Model Y Performance, would be first EV and likely would be highly disappointed in quality coming from BMW I assume

2021 Audi Etron picked up in march of 21. Currently has 19k miles. Great car. Buyout is 37500 and also debating just buying this thing and then I keep wondering even though the cars been flawless Im concerned about an ev of any brand without a warranty although I’m thinking doesn’t Audi come with a 4 year 50k mile warranty? The lease is up at the end of march this year, cars been flawless. And totally reliable.

Plus I bought Audi care when I leased the vehicle and I have no idea when that runs out. I’d imagine 3 or 4 years of Audi care?

What’s your opinion buy out the lease in march or just turn it in and get another new car for the wife?

Nothing new is thrilling me but I am thinking why buy it. Just pick up a new ev lease.

Am not a greenie just thought it would be a nice cuv for my wife. Now I’m sold on evs. She only wants electric cars. Never stopping at gas stations and literally no oil changes or maintenance plus it’s luxurious

The 240 at 100 percent charge on very very rare occasions 90 percent charge for three days every 21 days otherwise just kept the car at 80 percent.

This car suited her driving needs and charging at home with a 240 outlet covered all her needs without ever a range anxiety issue.

Ev s are now the only thing she will ever consider.

Should I turn the Audi Etron in or keep it?

If you qualify for the full tax credit the Model Y Performance would be a great price. Best to research it for yourself as it may lose the entire credit in 2024.

So why do you need convincing?

Decide then based on quality of deals for new cars. Everything is relative here: amazing new car deals will make buying it less attractive and vice versa.

Was trying to mostly understand if there was room for a decent profit if I bought and flipped in near future, but after taxes and where the value is at now seems short answer is no.

That really shouldn’t be the metric

very easy to extend a BMW lease by 2 months as well (just do it on the BMWFS website)
Payment stays the same
Payments continue to bring down the buyout price also

Gets you 2 extra months to decide

Subaru legacy touring 2021. The lease finishes in april. I’ll owe 23000. It has approximately 26000 miles

2020 Acura MDX AWD - end of lease. Need help to decide if I should do a buy back or turn it in.

Lease ending on 2/1. Currently on a 36 month lease with 12k miles per year and paying $554 per month. Buy back price is around $27k.

We’re a family of 4 with 2 young kids so we do need a 7 seater SUV. Considering the latest new car market, the prices and the shift to EV, does it make sense to turn it in or buy it back and continue with this vehicle?

Can you elaborate? We are a family of 5 and don’t it. Also what is the current price/value of such car?
Check at least carvana and carmax online by entering the VIN what they would pay for it.

2 Likes

Maximize any equity you may have before turning it in.

TBH 27k + used car loan APR doesn’t sound very appealing when brand new Kia Sorento are mid 30 and Telluride/Palisade/Pilot are high 30s with lower APR, lower maintenance and much newer tech.

1 Like

For a couple of years we fit three kids in a C-Max Energi.

What prompted us to go minivan was wanting to be able to pick up nearby cousins too.

Grand parents visit us quite often so we need a 7 seater to fit all 6 of us.

Checked Carvana and Carmax, what they’re offering for this car is pretty much same as my lease buyout price.

Checked at a couple places and no equity unfortunately :frowning:

That doesn’t necessarily mean much. Their bids could fluctuate with their ability to buy, ie their stock price.

Check the whole list:

1 Like

Hello,
We are leasing a 2022 Acura MDX AWD Technology Package:

• Leased through American Honda Finance and we live in PA.
  • Residual Value: $ 35,280 on a 36-Month Term (Expires March 2024).
  • 10K/yr Mileage Limit (Current odometer at 25,100).
  • Current Payoff: $36,248.51.
  • KBB Trade-in Range: $35,768- 38,747; Private Party: $38,352- $41,557.

We are trying to decide if we should buyout the current lease or try to find another 3-row suv with a similar lease rate, which I know may not exist in today’s market.

Our monthly lease payment is $563.85. Both of us have excellent credit and would plan to do another 36-month, 10k/yr lease deal. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome!