“Should I buy out my lease?” super-thread

So why are you leasing again?

I saw it before i went to bed, and decided to wait for the soothing words of @aronchi

:laughing:

Infiniti is quickly becoming a nauseating case of Deja vu.

1 Like

tbh I wasn’t a fan before leased QX60s were blowing up because of engine sludge, after the second one

No Way Do Not Want GIF

So I let others make a financial argument instead :sunglasses:

Hmmm, I don’t recall ever hearing anything like that. I thought the QX60 was a nice vehicle in its prime, especially when the leases were on clearance. I never did pick one up… I just couldn’t get over the minivan-esque ambiance. I salivated for years over the QX80, especially after the ('19?) refresh but those never leased well.

Not something I would want to buy out at lease end, but maybe the rest were fine? We also just had a Q5 do something similar.

I read a wayyyy too long thread yesterday on a Subaru forum about Mobile 1 and engine sludge, and I’m starting to understand why some OEMs are married to certain brands of dead dinosaur :t_rex::oil_drum:

Im in the same boat. I am going to extend my lease for 6 months and wait to see what happens with prices. The QX60s no longer have any equity :frowning:

1 Like

Be glad you don’t have a Tesla right now.

Having been in the same boat before, I wouldn’t wait without a specific plan.

I’d either finance an ordered Telluride (wait time depends on trim, allocation, etc). Or see if Pathfinder lease deals get better by mid to late March (Nissan’s fiscal year end).

No fancy BMW here…

2020 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
Mileage: 37,000
MSRP ~$33k , can’t remember exact
Buyout $19,500

My lease is due back next month, but Mazda let me extend another 6 months. My payments are $300 after tax which is great.

ALGO offered me $23k right now. Do you guys think it’s a good idea to just wait it out 6 months to see if leases are back to some normalcy or just buy it out. The car is really solid, but I am bored lol

What is on your short list to replace it? You have six months now but you know there is a little equity if you sold to algo or traded it.

Have a 2021 Audi eTron premium (MSRP:72xxx). Lease ends in a couple of months. Residual is $42200, current lease about $380. Thinking of buying it out as I don’t see any good options I can buy around 42k (EV, spacious and comfortable).

Should I try to extend the lease and see if something else comes up? CA registration is due soon (750!).

380? Extended that! Unless you want a frontier

1 Like

I wouldn’t wait without a specific plan.

Are you comfortable ordering something that you can finance if the lease programs aren’t good at the time of delivery?

An Id4 with the $7,500 federal tax credit and any state/utility rebates?

Hi,
I have 2020 GLE lease that is due end of this month. I am in Seattle. I did a appraisal with carmax and it came back with 41k. To buy the lease, it is $42K. The car has 33K miles.

Ideally I would like to get a new lease on a GLS. But, given the high interest rate, and I think better lease deal will become available during second half this year or next year, my current thinking is to buy the lease now, and sell it in 6 to 12 months.

Is this a bad idea? I am curious to get your thought. Thanks in advance.

For starters I would get more quotes than just one from your local CarMax.

1 Like

After 10-11% TTL, you’re in for almost $47k.

In a year if it’s worth, say, $33k then you’ve spent $14k in 12 months even before considering financing costs.

I’m in a battle with myself on what to do next. Hoping for a decent 5 series or X3 lease deal or finance an ID.4.

I had put a deposit a year ago and my ID.4 is being built. I always thought I’d probably not pick it up and get my deposit back, but at $39k plus $7500 federal and $2k state rebate…seems like a solid deal.

Most fiscally responsible would be to just buy my CX-5 cash at $19k and have no payment lol

1 Like

I am still confused on the tax credits. I don’t qualify due to income limits. If VW is passing it on a lease, I will check out the ID4.