Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

Oof, Mercedes is definitely not any better in Nova. Mercedes of Arlington only has 38 cars, and 31 of them are S or C class. Only 7 SUVs total. Tysons Corner Mercedes, a real big dealership, has only 55 cars and most of them are C class sedans.

2 Likes

so many lost employee pin deals
Football What GIF by morrisjenkins

4 Likes

You forgot the major player - Bethesda has 195.

1 Like

BMW Ramsey has 37 cars. They had 300 last year at this time.

They have far fewer than 37 actually.

1 Like

Not comparing to last year, just saying Bethesda has almost 4 times more than Tysons.

1 Like

I feel attacked. We bought a 4 bedroom house in April and my wife wants a third row. Our son is 10 months old.

2 Likes

Ok…. My bad😂 the 4 bedroom house was supposed to be a joke since I was going to since I was going to type 3 but decided to pad the numbers😂

1 Like

Ok, slow down. That was a whole VAZ-2105😂

ZAZ was a Russian version of Porsche with rear placed engine and frunck😀

Nissan is idiling Smyrna for 2 weeks due to shortages

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/tenn-nissan-plant-to-close-for-2-weeks-due-to-chip-shortage?_amp=true

If you haven’t wasted a year of your life commuting to Smyrna for your client, I can’t recommend it. I can recommend Jim & Nicks for bbq, and if you need the phone number for the Starbucks district manager there, I still have it.

2 Likes

Don’t know about BMW or Mercedes, but there’s a lot that had hundreds of cars last year only to be in double digit inventory now. Or less. I know they’ve been loving this MSRP pricing, but won’t they have to blow the new inventory out as fast as it comes in? I mean one dealership I used to chat with has 5 cars in stock and 10 on the way. Normally well over 200. That is insane.

Dude. We seriously need to up your coffee game.

AKA:

Heard you guys were cashing in…Sure would be a shame if something happened.

3 Likes

Oh like the in-room 1-star hotel coffee? Or the locally roasted swill 20 miles away?

I like many makes/models of coffee, including Starbucks. Their espresso machines are usually cleaned and even occasionally calibrated, unlike 99.9% of the machines at any hotel I’ve ever stayed at. That particular location was just constitutionally incapable of pouring 4 shots over ice correctly (that’s the drink), still better than Panera or any of the gas station coffee I tried.

At home, different story. On the road, catch as can. :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Speaking of coffee and shortages

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-09/coffee-inflation-is-coming-to-your-cup-after-blow-to-top-crop

3 Likes

Add Volvo’s Gothenburg plant

“Production will restart as soon as possible, at the latest before next week,” the Swedish carmaker, which in June halted production at its Belgian plant in Ghent for a week, said.

Thanks for that, I almost choked my coffee. That’s totally what that thing was, a Porsche. LOL

3 Likes

Yep, just a couple of days. Volvo btw normally shuts production down in August b/c Europe, anyway. They just didn’t this year.

EDIT: Volvo Sellers

This Is Fine GIF

4 Likes

They say coffee isn’t good for your health :grinning:

You are absolutely right, especially when it goes into the windpipe and nose while ready that ZAZ is like Porsche.

Touching base to see if you are still wanting to make that bet with me…

1 Like