Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

You were so confident lol

I was! Haha!

You didn’t specify which year they’d get back to normal in September.

3 Likes

They are supposedly bringing 22s in October

I know, here Toyota cuts again! :joy: :sweat_smile:

I have started to come to realization that this situation will prolly linger for a while if not the upcoming standard for new cars.
As an example BMW just pulled a bunch of of tech/safety features from any of their 4 cylinders models (after bringing them to builds for a mere 10 days) meaning you have to get a 60k car or more to have ACC, 360 camera, HK Audio etc…I can only talk about myself but was willing to pay the extra monthly (VS old times) to secure an X3 or 330 but to spend all this money and not get options mostly standard in 20/30k cars is a step too far. That new reality really sucks.

2 Likes

Here comes BMW with the subtle hidden cuts… wanna lower your rear seats in your $75k+ X5? No more trunk release lever for you - not even an electronic one like some other brands. PARTS SHORTAGES!!!

Go to the back doors and lower your seats manually with a button, plebe! :joy: #firstworldproblems (buuuuuh byeee fog lights as well)

MY22 - removed lever to lower back seats

3 Likes

Do the rear passengers really need to move their seating position? All the SUVs we have had that had this feature never got used once

i read it not as the reclining for the seats, but the ones that fold the seats flat to make room for the costco run. looked like that to me…but that seems like a really weird one to lose.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but BMW’s online configure does not offer the Parking Assistance Package (3D View) option when trying to build a 2022 X3. I searched online, but did not find any explanation. I can’t figure out if it’s a bug in the online build configurator or if the feature is no longer being offered because of supply chain issues. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I think I’ve read somewhere that it is due to chip shortage…

No parking assistance and no driver assistance pro package no HK no lumbar support on passenger seat. Its indeed supply chain issues.
If you want those pay up and build an X3 M40…which I find ridiculous as they are alienating the majority of their customers.
To think these options are standard on some base model Korean Cars (shortage or not)

Dealer just called this week to tell me more features have been deleted on our 2022 Mercedes GLB35. In addition to the deletion of Dashcam, Augmented video and Pre-Safe in the Driver’s assistant, Hands-free Rear Hatch Release, Wireless Charging and Burmeister audio are not available. Our well equipped GLB has become a “GLB Lite”.

Are you referring to a car in production already? Did they give you alternative options? Are you going to keep this build…
I know it may seem like first world problems but paying a premium and get options stripped like that sucks.

Car was ordered in June and has an October build date. Purchase, not a lease, with a 6% discount. We can cancel if we do it soon but we’re likely to pay list price on any new orders for the next 6-12 months or however long it takes for the chip shortage to get sorted out. MSRP should come in a few thousand less without these features and the discount will be off the final list price (whatever that might be).

1 Like

just took a quick look on inventory at Longo Toyota here in socal. I believe they are the largest Toyota dealership in the US volume wise. They have a total of 225 showing in stock and 118 of them is Mirai! lol. their normal stock level is what 1000+ vehicles pre-covid???

2 Likes

I wonder what those Mirai’s are leasing for?

1 Like

So essentially you got a discount off MSRP and now manufacturer is discounting their side while building a car matching the price you paid. So… you are paying sticker with whatever options you have left.

2 Likes

So you’re saying there is a chance we will see the Apple icar?

I like how you are thinking. Mirai lease hack? OR will Toyota be asking for Market value Adjustment on the Mirai as well (We know what we got)…