Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

There will be a few more months of lease support. It’s not going to end in q1. They will sell.

I’m sure they’ll sell, it’s a question for how much, the point I was trying to make is they were clearly lying, and it would have been my 3rd car from them, so they really could have made it easy. I’m not emotionally attached to brands or models, so when they started being dicks I had no problem whatsoever going somewhere else, buy I’m sure they know what they are doing.

On a side note and to be completely fair their service department is great.

1 Like

They have an 899 doc lol

1 Like

I didn’t pay that much, but that was in '17 so I don’t know what they came up with since then

“I know what I have here in my main and 2 overfill lots”
-Open Road

3 Likes

Agree they will sell but at what price. It’s not just the 87 they have left on lot but the mix of MDXs. They have 69 base MDXs and zero advanced trim. Worse they have 38 base white MDXs (not even sure how that is possible). I live in an area with a lot of MDXs and white doesn’t seem to be a particularly popular color.

Edit - White is not a bad color. But having 78% of inventory being black or white is a bit limiting in terms of choice. For example, my local dealer has 70 2020 MDXs left but only 55% are black or white.

1 Like

$198 MDX here we go!

4 Likes

I would assume they might have played the allocation wheel on 22s; Buy as many outgoing MDXs to get first pick on max number of 22 allocations.

Either way, why let Open Road live rent free in your noggin. Simply keep an eye out for the clearance sale once the 22s start filling up surrounding dealers.

Oh, I’m not looking for a third generation MDX. That would be NJC. Been there done that and returned my 2017 MDX-Tech 10/2020.

And if I was looking my Acura dealership is definitely not playing the BS “know what we got game”. They made clear to me that they were willing to deal on 2020s. They were a great dealership too but the old MDX is a little too long in the tooth for my personal preference.

I’m not either anymore, returning mine in about 2 weeks when the x3 that I ordered comes in. The lease return would be the last time I deal with open road.

1 Like

If you thought that the semiconductor shortage was bad, get ready for the seat foam shortage!

4 Likes

For the right price, I will lease a car with little padding.

2 Likes

It would be funny if the new Bolts end up with the same crappy seats because GM couldn’t get more foam.

1 Like

Everything is mostly fine.

Might be a fire sale on MY20 Traxes with 121 days of inventory depending if # of days of inventory directly correlates with large amounts of unsold inventory

Although the chip shortage has caused disruptions in the automobile industry, but auto makers are embracing this. New car sales have dropped since the pandemic. This might help automakers maintain costs with supply and demand.

Here’s something else to worry about…

Maybe you can get a good lease deal on that Lexus with lawn chairs inside !

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2021/03/sit-on-it-foam-shortage-concerning-suppliers/

1 Like

Try shopping for large appliances

2 Likes

Maybe I can send them the ridiculous amount of styrofoam I’ve accumulated from packages lately, and there’s apparently nowhere in NY to recycle it. Nearby towns in CT take it but you must be a resident. I’ll donate mine - gladly!

Moved, because the conversation about seats had already started when you posted. Check out meme thread also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just pour some acetone on it

1 Like