Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

Some dealers are going to have fire sales from lying to customers and hoarding inventory. Had this argument with a dealership a few months back when trying to negotiate a deal with them just not budging while citing shortage of inventory. Now they have more of that inventory in stock than they had a few months back (i’m sure snow helped their sales a lot), the model year is completely done and they are still pretending like they are super awesome.

So when should I expect the usual pullout of dealers inventories from car inventory aggregating websites like autotrader to indicate “CHIP SHORTAGE”!

Certain import inventories seem to be at the highest level I have seen in the past 9 months.

Not fully accurate, but yes, dealers in the northeast struggled due to snow. February was a bad dealer month.

1 Like

The one I’m talking about had 60 2020 MDXs on the lot late December / early January and was declaring that they have lines of people wanting them and wouldn’t deal. They have 90+ of them now. I hope a few feet of snow fall on their dealership specifically so they can come up with a great way to sell those cars, bunch of jackasses. Although I have to thank them, I’ll now have a BMW and screw Honda and Honda accessories. (Assuming of course that my build will go through before they run out of parts :frowning: )

When are those bargain 500/mo Kia Fortes going to start hitting the broker spreadsheets due to the shortage?

1 Like

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/hyundai-bought-chips-when-rivals-didnt-its-assembly-lines-are-still-rolling

Other than Japan’s Toyota Motor Corp., which said this month it had enough chip inventory to last it about four months, Hyundai and its sister firm Kia Corp. are the only global automakers to have maintained a stockpile of low-tech chips that helped them keep up production.

2 Likes

Kia hasn’t sold dick this month bc they’ve been held ransom all month by the north Koreans

4 Likes

Correction…500/mo Civics.

2 Likes

Once the “best ioniq EV deals on LH” hit $1000/month!

2 Likes

I’m starting my frantic search for Nissan Leaf with extended battery and HK sound. Gotta get them while you can!

1 Like

nissan uses Bose.

1 Like

Wow… bro… Okay

You can’t even blink at this classic car salesman line. I got it from almost every dealership I negotiated with buying my Accord at end of model year (November). At the place I ended up buying it from my response on the phone to that line was something like “ok but dealer X has 35 of this trim, dealer Y 30 and Dealer Z 25. I want to be OTD at $XX,XXX.”. I didn’t give them a chance to respond to being caught in the lie.

I picked the car up that night.

3 Likes

Only thing I don’t have is Ioniq EVs :confused:. C’est la vie.

:chocolate_bar:

Am I right to guess that this dealership exists on an island :stuck_out_tongue:

This particular one would be in central jersey

open road acura of east brunswick?

3 Likes

I didn’t want to call out dealerships by name, but I guess I can’t prevent people from correctly guessing the name anyway :slight_smile:

How did they let themselves end up holding 38 white base AWD MDXs?

Does Acura have some sort of protection agreement with dealers holding large numbers of these cars at the end of third generation production run? Sure you might sell some of them while holding gross but seems far fetched to think you will sell all of those without huge discounts.

There will be a few more months of lease support. It’s not going to end in q1. They will sell.