Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

that’s actually true - over the past few months, this site has turned more from “give me an impossible deal” to “give me a fair deal after i got quoted msrp…”

5 Likes

I’ve also seen banks tightening up big time. When people get tier 2 and 3 and the monthly jumps $50-75/mo, They used to walk. Now they just seem to take it.

That could also be the flush with cash point you made. I wouldn’t say flush, but they def have more dollars then they’re used to for sure.

4 Likes

I ordered a M3 long range on 5/14 and i’m supposedly going to get it by the end of June. A Tesla rep i spoke to said that they have a bunch of cars that are stuck waiting on a firmware update, dived a bit further into this and it looks like they might remove the radar from their autopilot and rely on vision only. They even changed the wording on the website for this too, it doesn’t say radar anymore.

Or they could replace it with LIDAR, so it knows white box trucks are actually solids.

3 Likes

Elon hates Lidar.

2 Likes

One? They wish.

1 Like

Maybe I don’t know what I am talking about, but it seems to me Ford is the only one that didn’t plan well. The other manufactures seem to be short supply on cars that don’t have crazy demand, while Ford is sitting at the top with the F-Series.

1 Like

Wait… what? Toyota, I know for sure is in dire shortage.

3 Likes

LOL. Spring? Everyone’s foreseeing this til end of Summer!

3 Likes

I’d argue at least through December used car prices increase or at minimum stay flat. The IRS is basically advancing the tax refund of everyone with kids starting in July. In a consumer driven society, many people that see their monthly income jump find ways to spend it. I predict a run on all 3 row SUVs starting in late July, maybe even some $900/mn Pilots. If the tax credits aren’t approved for next year, I also predict a great many defaults/repos.

1 Like

Scroll up

Bmw wireless charger is beyond trash. My phone is constantly hot. And it’s in the most unusable place possible. Now the good news is you can buy an aftermarket wireless charger that fits in the arm rest and other places for your model and looks great.

2 Likes

It looks like wireless charging is still available on things like the M340i, but carbon fiber interior trim has been deleted from an X4 xDrive 30i and an X3M. More to come as it’s discovered.

1 Like

You can still equip Bowers on X7 M50is for the time being.

1 Like

That’s a new one. I didn’t realize carbon fiber was running low. I haven’t seen anyone mention that in other industries…

2 Likes

Wrong. Chip shortage will last until beginning of 2023

5 Likes

That may be so but I wouldn’t expect used car prices to continuously rise until then. GM is already restarting production of some models. I would think any increase in new car production would cause used car prices to begin to level off.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/business/general-motors-chip-shortage-factories.amp.html%3F0p19G=0232

1 Like

It really doesn’t matter id one starts producing. Still, the rest aren’t

1 Like
1 Like