Setting a standard for Broker use of rebates in advertisements

Let them do it and with time their review page will reflect accordingly.

How do I find a broker near Chattanooga, TN 37421 ?

Even if there is not a broker fee upfront from the broker to the customer, that broker is most likely getting that from the difference from the dealer. That is the beauty of this system as it is slightly more transparent. All you can ask of the car industry. God I hate the Cowboys.

@ArtistFormallyKnown

Not likely. Definitely. Why would/should anyone work for free?

Like with anything, if you see value in it, you will pay for it.

If you don’t, you won’t. Period, full stop.

This thread should be closed because frankly, it’s turned into a mess.

If someone wants to broker for free out of the goodness of their heart, let it happen. I’m excited for the feedback.

If someone thinks just knowing a competitive dealer is all it takes to broker successfully, then a broker would never have a repeat customer.

@trusted_hackrs I vote we close this heap of garbage.

7 Likes

People beat broker deals everyday and everyday brokers get customers better deals than what they could get on their own, and vice versa. Nobody knows how every individual deal compares to the unicorn or Joe Blows deal posted on Edmunds or LH. Personally I wouldn’t pay for just a contact, because I know each deal is different and on any given day, any given dealer could give you a “deal”, even that crap one that has always quoted $100 more a month on the last two cars you got quotes on. If I was really struggling and getting no where on a particular car I really wanted, I wouldn’t hesitate to contact a broker(hasn’t happened yet, I’m flexible and don’t tend to chase in demand products, I’m cheap too)

I would much prefer the original topic get discussed than trashing the topic, but I suppose that many be impossible if people allow it to get off topic. If I could moderate my own thread I’d just dump everything irrelevant into the landfill.

No issues with the original intent

However, it turned into a burning pile of trash

2 Likes

Brokers/dealers should be able to clean their own threads.

Add another thing to suggestions.

3 Likes

This x1000

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that. There are plenty of states where the doc. fee is capped by the state, and if there’s no padding, the only other padding would be in the selling price. I don’t take money from dealerships - it avoids conflicts of interest.

Sure, some people do this, but I can’t tell you how much time I spend and never get compensated because customers ask for quotes, e-mail back and forth, and then they disappear.

2 Likes

I didn’t read his comment that way.

I read it as, brokers that say no fee, still get paid by dealer.

So, all brokers get paid by dealer or customer, but no one does it for free.

4 Likes

Yeah I was kind of talking in position with @Bostoncarconcierge . Like no broker does this whole gig for free, I was referring to “most likely” as I do know broker’s who give personal friend’s and family deals. But I am also agreeing with boston, that this thread needs to revert back to original subject or be stopped. Honestly, I do not think anybody is even arguing, just rehashing.

That makes more sense. I agree that no one would do all this for free! :slight_smile:

Loyalty included
Everything else in the memo line or spreadsheet somewhere

2 Likes

Checking in to your experiment on brokering. How’s it going? Feedback on being on the other side of the ball?

1 Like

You mean GURU

1 Like

You mean GRU. Besides, FSB is the successor of KGB. GRU is the military intelligence agency.

Yes. Misspelled it. I find the GRU more interesting than FSB.

Much more intelligent for sure. Like high school diploma vs. MBA

28 posts were merged into an existing topic: Deal on 2021 BMW M340i