Sentra SV '22 Premium with All Weather Package

I don’t have enough information to do the leasehackr calculator.
I think the salesman purposely didn’t give me all the numbers, but in the end, it came down to how much it was going to cost per month.

Returning a leased '20 Sentra SV Premium.

Price is $299 per month, 18 months with 12k miles.
Money down is taxes and inception fees.

Please rate deal. Any feedback is encouraged because I have no way to figure this out.

I have never done an 18 mo. lease before. The residuals seem to be overly generous. The money factor is high, but then they give you $625 to offset it. I could keep on talking but I just really want to know if I got a good deal or not.

Thank you.

EDIT:
Here is info. I do have:
MSRP: $25,505
D A Signing: $2269.55 ($2894.55 - $625 rebate)
Trade Value in Due at Lease: $2138.51
Money Factor: .00371 (but I suspect got a little worse)
Residual Value: $20,148.95

Please review. It is important to me that somebody, with all of my reading of this site, that I don’t get answers like “good luck” and “kiss, kiss, next time around”…a little sarcastic, but to show you that somebody is interested in your actual feedback. Thank you all very much.

Congratulations and enjoy your Sentra

3 Likes

Delete. 10char

1 Like

We’re not going to try and reverse engineer this deal for you since you’ve given us no numbers to work with. Enjoy your new car and good thing is even if it was a bad deal, you’re only stuck with it for 18 months.

3 Likes

You were satisfied with the monthly payment to the point you signed. Enjoy it in good health and reach out prior to the next lease in 18 months.

1 Like

If you signed the deal you should have paperwork that has all the numbers, enjoy your car!

1 Like

Based on the info provided, this deal is somewhere between terrible and exquisite.

7 Likes

Thank you for schooled reply. (not sarcastic)
What data more could I give you, if I could get it.

We don’t even know the MSRP, if you got a dealer discount, if there are any mfr incentives, or what the MF and RV are.

Your contract will have the numbers you need to populate the calculator.

If you can’t reverse engineer it yourself, you can post an image (with your personal info redacted).

Also, what were all of your options at lease end for the former vehicle? (Can third parties buy out Nissan leases?)

Here is my serious feedback:

You need to work out what your target deal is before you reach out to a dealer. You cant effectively negotiate if you have no idea where you’re even trying to get to.

The number the dealer has offered currently is irrelevant. Work out what it should be so you have something to compare against.

We cant help much with the specifics here because you haven’t provided much information. No msrp, no das amount, no trade value, etc.

EDIT:
Here is info. I do have:
MSRP: $25,505
D A Signing: $2269.55 ($2894.55 - $625 rebate)
Trade Value in Due at Lease: $2138.51
Money Factor: .00371 (but I suspect got a little worse)
Residual Value: $20,148.95

Please review. It is important to me that somebody, with all of my reading of this site, that I don’t get answers like “good luck” and “kiss, kiss, next time around”…a little sarcastic, but to show you that somebody is interested in your actual feedback. Thank you all very much.

So ~$4,400 DAS …maybe more if the trade can be sold for more elsewhere… that makes it effectively almost $550 for a Sentra.

Definitely do not sign this deal.

1 Like

Hello

The car has no sign and drive. First month taxes bank fee- that is cash out of pocket.
Im guessing they used my Sentra lease return as a cap cost reduction. Thats not my money.
Do you still think thats 550 per month?

That is your money. If you were, say, a tenant in a building with multiple bidders who wanted to buy out both the building and buy out the protected tenants, you’d say “not my money” and just take the first offer?

No, you’d hold out for the best offer right?

Talk to Nissan brokers on the forum who can get you a better deal on a Sentra or an Altima.

I think everyone is telling you “good luck” and “kiss kiss” bc this is not a good deal. I would check with other dealerships. Whether its a trade in or lease return with equity its still money that could have been in your pocket.

Hello

I still dont understand. The inceptions are the inceptions and “trade in” i got credit for which lowered the monthly rent, no?

First of all, did you sign the deal?

You could have gotten a check for the trade equity but they put it into the deal instead, so you should count it as part of the cost of the new car.

1 Like

You’ve already signed the deal, so just enjoy it.

1 Like

Im listening intently now.
I cant get the mf on this site to know the leasehackr formula