Search New BMW Inventory Nationwide with Exact Specs

Glad the tool helped you find your vehicle.

Also, to anyone having this issue… currently there is a bug I have to sort out with searching multiple years at once. If any of you do that you might get no results until I figure out why searching one year at a time works, but multiple years is causing no results.

3 Likes

Hey. Great tool, thanks for putting it together. I am not sure if it has been mentioned already or not, but when searching for multiple colors at once it is unable to locate any vehicles, however if searching by colors individually vehicles are located. Same thing when searching by multiple interior colors.

Yes, I’m aware of this and working on a better way to query to sort this out.

Great work!

Is there an option to filter for manual transmission? Is it included in a certain package?

Thanks.

If you type “S0ZMT” without quotes, that’ll return manual trans results.

Thanks, but I don’t see an S0ZMT option. It only has S0ZMP (M Sports Package).

If I enter S0ZMT without auto completion, it will not be used for filtering.

Do you have a sample zipcode and radius where S0ZMT works as intended?

Nevermind, it actually works without auto completion. It is case sensitive.

1 Like

Can you add a field to limit the results by State(s)?

Aside from the m3/M4 what else even comes w a manual?

I don’t even know

M2? Fun little pocket rocket.

1 Like

I was struggling to recall what was left with a manual as well.

Edit: just looked. It’s M2’s, M240i’s, and there appears to even be 2 230i’s in 6MT.

Exactly. I don’t see how you can search for exact options through the BMW website. This tool is invaluable.

1 Like

Oh absolutely, this tool is awesome and saves a ton of time by caching all of the vehicles for you in advance and allowing you to filter off of each item’s package codes.

All I’m saying is that all of the information that the tool is using - the model inventory, the location, and the package codes - is available through the BMW website, but it’s not nearly as user accessible as what they’ve done here.

@kimcicle - I’ll PM you how you can extract the package codes from the website.

-Andrew

1 Like

I mean it’s really not though unless you manually go through zip code by zip code and click on each of the cars to see their options on the dealer websites.

The BMW website locks you into one dealership at a time based on seemingly random association with your zip code.

It would take countless hours to get the same data that you can do in minutes with this tool.

1 Like

Bought you a couple of cups of coffee, great work with the tool!

1 Like

Can you add a field to limit the results by State(s)?

@steevo currently I don’t have a mapping of Zip Codes to states. Maybe in the future I’ll get a list of Zip Codes that correlates them to states and then it would be relatively easy. What was the reason you wanted this vs. just distance from a Zip Code?

Bought you a couple of cups of coffee, great work with the tool!

@padrino thank you!

Also, I’m working on pushing out some new improvements that would make options organized by Series. The only changes would be you’d have to first search the Series before Exterior, Interior and Features is available so I can then populate them based on the Series.

Here you go.

http://www.structnet.com/instructions/zip_min_max_by_state.html

1 Like

If you want to only search locally and live near a state border like much of the tri-state area. In my case on Long Island, NY, results can be across the Long Island Sound in Connecticut.

2 Likes

Update: Database is being repopulated. Should be done in about 30 minutes.

Hey everyone! I had some time to refactor the way things work a bit. I have to take down the site to make these changes since the data structure has drastically changed and I also need to upgrade the database since it’s too small. It’ll be back up in an hour or so.

New Changes:

• Interiors, Exteriors and Features are now loaded based on the Series or Model selected. If neither is selected, all options get shown.
  • Models are also loaded based on the Series selected.
  • Added the ability to Find By either State (looks at the dealer location) or Zip Code (same as the past).
10 Likes

Forgot to update here. Database has been repopulated. Interested to get feedback on the new functionality if anyone has any.