What websites do ya'll use to browse inventory when looking for deals?

My typical approach is to go to Cars.com, search for a specific model, then sort by price (low to high), looking for the biggest variance between MSRP and Sales Price. I also sometimes sort through the used results by low to high mileage to find loaners with larger price drops. Then I use Edmunds forums to review MF/Incentives/Lease Cash to see where there might be a good combo that would apply to the already reduced price.

The above is what I used to find my BMW unicorn back in early 2019.

Curious - what sites and techniques do you use? Anyone come across any sites that can sort results by the largest variance between MSRP and sales price?

for Kia and Hyundai, their main site. Which is usually up to date as the dealers have to report when they sell a car.

1 Like

I feel like cars.com and autotrader don’t show inventory for ALL delaers, I guess depending on the make. I really wish the manufacturer websites had better inventory search features, some are terrible.

I generally use cargurus, but I don’t pay much attention to advertised sales prices.

2 Likes

Plug for

And

If you are searching for something specific across either brand.

4 Likes

Cargurus shows the time something has been in inventory. Can also filter by mileage for loaners.

The only real issue with anything but the manufacturer is that Dealers are notorious for leaving stock listed even though they sold it weeks ago.

They have to tell the manufacturer that they sold the stock. (Usually via financing?) But they don’t have to remove the stock from their local websites or inform their third party partners that it’s gone.

Car gurus also. Days on the market and reductions are nice to see

1 Like

pro tip if you go to auto trader and sort by highest mileage and filter by new, most of those cars are demos or loaners.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.