Salespeople who seemingly don't want to sell

Listen if you don’t want the Ultimate Tire Package that’s fine however most customers do want to drive off with all four tires.

5 Likes

And when they are pumped to the gills with Nitrogen, it’s like they’re not even touching the road!

3 Likes

Customer: “I am getting $6,000 off an Accord already so what can you do for me?”

Me: “That sounds like a great deal! Unfortunately I will have to pass and you should check it out. If they try anything sneaky give me a ring and I will be happy to assist you.”

Customer: “WHAT!?!? YOU DON’T WANT TO EVEN TRY!?!? I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!!!”

****Goes to dealership, bait-and-switch, puts in new TrueCar lead a week later

Customer: “I already told you I have an $6,000 discount and you have to beat it!”

Me: “Sir is this your Yelp review of them not honoring your price?”

Customer: “Look if you can’t give me $6,500 off I am going to keep shopping around”

Me ***re-assigns customer to Todd Pickinsworth-Quackenbush, the salesperson in the CRM I made up where idiot leads go to die

10 Likes

The Doctor’s Fee helps support your local medical community during this challenging time.

Your Documentary Fee helps supports independent film producers speaking truth to power.

And the Doc Rivers fee? We’ll that’s just obvious.

3 Likes

The doc rivers fee is to make up for closing a deal and having it fall through at the last minute, multiple times?

4 Likes

Technically they can’t be a lie bc they have a disclaimer that they’re not responsible for misprints :rofl:

I loved the story a couple months ago when the guy called the dealer out on not having 1 car in stock at the advertised price. I think it was a Guilia quad

2 Likes

Well, ok, but I meant more of the times when it says “$300 a month, $1000 down. Taxes and fees extra” and someone walks out going “WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT’S $325 A MONTH AND $2000 DAS, YOUR AD SAYS $300! LIAR! LIAR!”

1 Like

100% agree. That’s why I put lies in parenthesis. I was talking about the foundation of the relationship starts from deception and breeds the current culture we have. Half the time, in newspaper ads at least, the fine print is too blurry to even read.

Saying “A typical payment for PA resident will be $365/mo tax tags fees included” would save a lot of grief on both ends. They want to leave the fees open ended so they can bend over the weak. I’m sure their marketing gurus know that the advertising juice is worth the consumer squeeze. After all propaganda is a science.

What would be really helpful is if consumers went into some of the largest purchase transactions in their life with the tiniest amount of preparation. It amazes me how many are willing to sign up for 5 figure commitments but absolutely refuse to take a little bit of time to prepare themselves to do so.

4 Likes

But we need a nanny state!

I had a customer earlier this week show me a quote on an HRV from the Honda.com website. She asked why my quote and everyone else’s was about $50-$70 higher. I went over money-factor, CA doc Fee, DMV fees, taxes, acquisition fee, etc. I was then told that I was wrong and all the dealerships are trying to rip her off.

Edit: HoNdA.cOM tACtiCs!!1!!!

1 Like

Enter the consumer confusing their own ignorance for a dealer being “dishonest.”

1 Like

Best experience I had was when the sales guy was saying a hacker changed their prices “someone’s gotta fix this asap! We’ve been hacked!”. No those aren’t our actual prices…ok then…

1 Like

You can’t possibly be serious. This actually happened?

My mom was shopping for cars. I had to come to the dealership to see what was going on. They marked up their wheel lock mud flap trunk tray addon by a couple grand. She was asking why their price was msrp and not their price on their website. A honda odyssey about 3k more than msrp with all of their fees. I was raging how much they were trying to rip her off. They snatched the pricing sheet they printed out for her out of my hand, perhaps because I could post how bad they were trying to screw her over. I thought dealerships all sucked but this was the worse by a longshot.

The best was another sales person got into the act too.

1 Like

What state is this dealership? Just curious.
7 years ago, when I was shopping for a new Accord in MA, one dealership did a bait and switch on me. Long story short, they lied to me claiming they had the car in the color combo I wanted. I had called them the day before to come in and sign the papers after we had agreed on numbers via email. I ended up get the car in my preferred color from another local dealership for a $100 more.

Unless someone answered it earlier in the thread.

Do you think the Gov’t will start allowing the Direct to Consumer(D2C) model for selling cars country wide?

I feel like customers will start to demand the option with Tesla becoming more popular.

They are individual state laws, not one Federal Law. The NADA will do everything they can to prevent that. Only time will tell.

2 Likes

I say one-price for all! Let’s put everyone out of their misery.

This was in socal. I get it, I used to be uninformed and I have way overpaid for cars but this was just insane.