Safest Car in your opinion?

What would you say is the best Sedan in terms of safety?

I might be biased, but it’s Volvo & Tesla.

2 Likes

Arguably true but any vehicle is only as safe as the nut behind the wheel.

6 Likes

Those are brands, not sedans.

1 Like

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/driver-death-rates-by-make-and-model

2 Likes

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=IIHS+top+safety+pick+sedan

1 Like

Another data set that shows that buying a vehicle “for the latest safety features” is silly.

There is no practical difference between the risk of dying 1 time per 1,000,000 registered vehicle years and 100 per 1,000,000 registered vehicle years.

1 Like
1 Like

Agreed. The risk of death in a 2009 Malibu is statistically almost zero.

1 Like

Depends if you mean the classic (at the bottom of the list) or the “new” Malibu

The answer to

Obviously the Volvo S60 (also built in the US).

1 Like

And your EU built XC60 must be 100% safer than exactly the same Chinese built, but 50% less safe than if it was US built. Right? :grin:

4 Likes

YV (Sweden-built) Volvos are the safest of all. If a classic Malibu parks within 2 spaces, it’s totaled. If a Volvo hits another Volvo, their logos smooch and come to a complete stop.

I’m glad every time I start mine I didn’t get one built in China, safe or not.

1 Like

The difference will not matter in a human’s lifespan, much less the ownership window of a Malibu.

What you said makes no sense. Are you sure yours is not built in Genk, Belgium, BTW?

1 Like

It will cause the sudden, unexpected end of 67-99/1,000,000 humans lives. The probability that is you is low, but it’s (many) someone(s).

Chevy sold close to 4M Malibus between 1996 and 2018. The average car on the road is 12 years old. Most of those Malibus (that aren’t in a junkyard because they imploded one day after the warranty ended) are on the road with their 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th owner and as many pages on their CarFax.

I am not playing that lottery. No thank you. probably a million people are playing it every day. I hope they’re luckier than I am.

That’s deaths per million years of vehicle ownership.

Every second in a Malibu is longer than a million years. Lucky I was only renting the ones I drove.

2 Likes

I can’t argue with that.

2 Likes

The Malibu is a Cadillac in comparison to a Versa, so there’s that.

1 Like

I’ve heard it before, but what makes the S60 one of the safest out there exactly?