S60 Momentum Demo $400

Got the car hopefully the final paperwork was adjusted accordingly… Currently have temp NJ plates and registration

You should have a copy of the final paperwork. I don’t know of a time I have leased a car and didn’t have everything at signing. It doesn’t matter whether you got NJ temp tags; you won’t be able to register the car in NY if the tax is significantly understated. I have a bill from the dealership from when the tax was paid in full to register my last S60, for instance. The tax is understated by a good $400-$500, so don’t be surprised if you have to pay that up front to get registered. Whether the deal will fund is up in the air if the tax is incorrect.

An NJ dealer should know much, much better than this with the amount of NY deals that are done in NJ, plus NJ pays its tax up-front too.

Okay, you should be good. Just make sure you get a refund on the registration. If you’re getting new plates, it should be about $260, not over $400. If you transferred plates, the fee is in the neighborhood of $75.