S60 Momentum Demo $400

Loaner credit - residual penalty, works out to about 2400 on the S60

1 Like

Because I’m too damn nice.

2 Likes

MRSP: $53,560
Selling Price: $41,828
Total Savings: $11,732 (include 5250 incentive for inscription and 3k for loaner)
Mf: 56
Residual: .00065
Doc Fee: $499
Security Guard: $299
Taxes: $1,220.20
Total due and signing: $559
Monthly Payment: $558.07
Included still is the $695 Zurich Shield which when removed saves about $19 a month - $538.76

I have no idea how on Earth they got these number for an Inscription

This is would be a good deal on a new car but is a poor deal on a loaner

1 Like

You’re about $2000 too high for a great deal on a loaner. Factor in the mileage penalty for it being a loaner and you’d need about 10.5% off on a new car to match the price, which is totally do able.

1 Like

yeah 6000miles really put a dent in the loaner incentive.

1 Like

Curious how others would handle this. I’d sit on it overnight and come back the next morning, hem and haw about the mileage on the loaner (even though it’s still under warranty/maintenance for the term), and counter at $450/mo and you’ll come sign.
If they bump you to 460-465 still in ballpark.

And even though the effective is ~1.56% I’d still park MSDs to bring payment down.

Not sure if I’m reading right looks as things don’t add up , when I out it into the leasehacker calculator I do get closer to 450

Within the last month I leased a loaner S60 Inscription for $399 monthly, inclusive of tax. $1,500 due at signing ($1,100 cap cost + first payment). The loaner had 6,900 miles on it. I don’t have all the metrics of the deal since I used a broker, but I suspect you can do a bit better.

The residual hit at either 6,900 or 6,000 for these two cars is way too high to make it worth it, unless they’re maybe 25% off, which isn’t going to happen. As @mllcb42 said, you may as well go new with approximately 10% off. You need to figure out what options/colors you want, and target a loaner or new one that fits the bill, rather than just searching for loaners and trying a big discount on a whim. If you’re at more than 3,500 - 4,000 miles, the residual hit will make the car much more expensive and outweigh the discount vs. that on a new car.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I’ve been trying to keep my options open and stay flexible… Got down to 475 on the 53k inscription seems like they won’t drop much further tho. May just add MSD now.

You were right on, mine had the 6,900 miles but was 25% off (inclusive of incentives) so deal worked out favorably. That said, I know the S60 incentives got worse in September and mine qualified for extra incentives due to time spent in the loaner pool. Likely a 1 off deal.

Mine was brand new, and I got 20% off including incentives, but whatever works for each person…

Depends on incentives, obviously. That’s why we talk about discounts without incentives. I got 25.8% with incentives on my XC90, but pre-incentives it was 20.15%

2 Likes

Made a deal last week. 418 with 1st month DAS.

Thank for all your help! Especially @AP919

3 Likes

I’m really curious about that monthly tax, but I forget - did you say you’re in pay, not NJ?

Cars actually registered in new York, long island

There shouldn’t be any amount for monthly tax. This might get rejected and won’t find. :confused:

1 Like

Also, if you made the deal last week, why does it say September 19, nearly a month ago? Even if it does fund, NY won’t let the registration process with the wrong tax.