Rumor: US EV credit to increase to $10,000

It looks to me like Elon made a trade with someone in exchange for kicking Bitcoin to the curb, but who knows?

1 Like

The Model Y price went up $3k in the time I was considering one. No chance it comes back down in the near future.

I put my order in as a hedge against future increases

1 Like

There is a huge need for used Teslas (Y/3) with Carvana, Vroom, CarMax et al as they will do sub-prime financing but Tesla will not. Lot of people want Teslas but don’t have the credit score, income, or credit age to get one directly.

1 Like

They sure don’t act like it only offering 5K under my next best cash offer for my P3D.

1 Like

Strange - maybe not as much performance demand. I’m getting an offer of ~$37K on my 2019 SR+ with 15k miles. I paid $40K OTD (net of taxes and rebates).

1 Like

Yeah getting 46 offer here for my fully loaded (yes actually fully loaded — all boxes are ticked) 2018 P3D w 38 on the clock.

Next best cash (private party) offer is 51.

Our X though seeing $74K offer which is actually more than we paid for it.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you have FSD then - I think private party buyers put more of a premium on that than the online sellers

1 Like

Sure do! :grinning:

1 Like

Not tax-credit related, but timely:

I would love to the final plan give businesses a tax credit for like this for installing ev charging.

3 Likes

Great! Now I can top up the EV and get a big Gulp at the same time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the last time I saw a 7-Eleven was on nearly every corner in Tokyo.

1 Like

“We have a deal”

The framework will include $579 billion in new spending, the White House said.

• $312 billion will go to transportation, with $109 billion invested in roads, bridges and other major projects, $66 billion in passenger and freight rail and $49 billion in public transit
  • Only $15 billion will go toward electric vehicle infrastructure and electric buses and transit, a fraction of what Biden first proposed
  • The plan would put $266 billion into nontransportation infrastructure
  • It includes $73 billion for power, $65 billion for broadband and $55 billion for water

We will have to wait and see what the breakdown is.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s going towards charging infrastructure. No additional funding for ev rebates.

Which is really where it should go at this point

9 Likes

There is another bill in markup I’ve been watching. This is one of at least 2 bills, possibly 3, so still TBD.

2 Likes

The news made mention of the fact that this infrastructure deal has no entitlement spending. Highly unlikely we will see rebates included in this deal. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Which ones are those?

Because you already got your $7,500 lol

2 Likes

Senate-side:

If you look at the Chairman’s mark, starts on page 26

On the House-side, Peter Welch’s Electric Car Act announced this back in Feb

has gone no where, odd considering how allegedly powerful the Energy Commerce committee is

who don’t seem in a rush to markup that bill?

1 Like

I certainly am not going to say no to them throwing money at me, but there really isn’t any reason why the gov should be subsidizing people like me leasing a $75k luxury vehicle.

3 Likes