Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

They are handling things properly, just not all the time and for everyone- like any entity.

We still cannot rightfully categorize them as a company that commits fraud or participates in a dishonest scheme (Scammers).

3 Likes

I also got the bait and switch identical to that described by other users.

If constant bait and switching is your definition of properly…

They’re either incompetent or malicious with how often they get it wrong. I agree that we don’t know which.

Soo… that means they are not handling things properly, right? Half pregnant is not an option.

1 Like

It still does not make RODO scammers. Half pregnant is a horrible analogy. We’re talking about providing a service where the experience is not always going to be excellent for everyone.

I had a broker collect his fees, received my app and was to even get me a word on approval after 48 hours. Meanwhile, his reviews were great here, it doesn’t mean that he’s horrible or a scammer because I did not get the best experience. I can argue that he didn’t handle my situation properly. Should it not mean he doesn’t do thing properly in general?

Do we have stats or references to conclude that they’re scammers ?

1 Like

More power to you. They trash rodo, because it competes with their broker comrades here on LH.

2 Likes

Bait and switch is a scam. Are you saying they are honest and reputable if they do it to 25% (for example) of their customers? Or you just attribute this to “shit happens” category because you had positive expirience?
As @mllcb42 said:

Yes. I’m saying they’re honest and reputable. I’m not saying their overall NPS is perfect. If you did business with an entity 4-5 times and had good experiences, you’ll likely return.

I am not disputing that customers do not experience any issues.

I won’t be surprise if it’s stated in the terms of use and before order placement, prices are subject to vehicle availability and lender approval.

I speak poorly because I’ve tried on multiple occasions to use them and have had it crash and burn every single time I’ve tried. I like the idea in concept and would love to point people towards them, but when you as a company have an issue that significant, acknowledge that it is a serious problem, say it won’t happen again, and then have it continue to go on repeatedly, there is an issue.

1 Like

The big boy Bronco @ 1500 off was, surprise, not available.

2 Likes

I’m shocked.

1 Like

This is not the way it works. The cars are manually loaded by dealer partners (usually biz dev or internet sales “managers”—i.e. the least important people at a store), who assign price discount and MF markup. I’ve had a dealer show me their Rodo portal and backend.

Actually, that’s not a bad idea. Maybe we should take a poll. I know that is a feature here but I’m not competent enough to figure it out. If I had time to kill, I could scroll through these 800 posts and tally it up. I don’t.

I fixed the typo for you. You’re welcome.

2 Likes

I feel as though a LH only poll could be bias. People who read the negative reviews here can be more likely inclined to vote against RODO.

I used BBB as a starting point with a 3.17 rating , however only 24 reviews. When we look at Google Reviews, it’s 4.7 based on 257 reviews. App Store shows 1950 ratings a 4.0.

What is the acceptable number of LH users to be bait and switched before you would deem it unreasonable?

If we looked at it a different way, would anyone here use a broker that had the volume of complaints here that rodo does?

2 Likes

Claw machines also win a couple of times per day, but to tell someone to rely on it would be stupid. If you’re not guaranteed a car (at the same price as advertised) after filling out all your info, then it’s no different than dealerships bait and switch, which I hope we can all agree is a scam because I would never step foot in that dealership again.

I didn’t mean a popularity vote, but rather a “I used them and was: a)successful at the advertised price. B) successful but at higher price than advertised. C) not at all successful in getting the advertised car.

But it is sounding like you wouldn’t accept the outcome if it differed from your experience anyway.

1 Like
  • successful at the advertised price.
  • successful but at higher price than advertised.
  • not at all successful in getting the advertised car

0 voters

1 Like

Even without the poll, I Will accept that I’ve read lots of bait and switch reviews, which are just wrong. At the same time, it does not change the positive experiences I’ve had 5 times.

Also, even with my positive experience, some still seem to label RODO as scammers and “they do not handle things properly-period”

@Qbrozen, What would the conclusion be from the polls ?

It’s unreasonable even with just 10 bait and switches.

My point is around the statement: