Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

Just to chime in on some additional experience I had with Rodo after leasing a second vehicle.

It is my understanding that dealerships are baking in their sales person commission into all sales - of course why wouldn’t they? For some dealerships that have more aggressive deals they are mostly eliminating a large chunk of the commission and that gets you the more aggressive pricing. I believe that they figure this is a bonus sale from someone who might not have visited our dealership. It helps pad their numbers with minimal effort. ( I’m speculating here).

I was able to get a new Acura for $495 and a leasehackr here I believe after their fee was at $497 per month. I went with Rodo since it was just easier me about the same price. The dealership was way above $520 when all fees kicked in at their most aggressive rate but wouldn’t budge when I mentioned Rodo.

I blessed on Rodo and it was the same dealer and same sales person assigned who I got the car from. I had no issues with paperwork and everything was as stated.

Rodo was also helpful for an issue that popped up a few weeks later and resolved it all for me. Also, all of the wear and tear and tire protection packages were much cheaper through Rodo versus the dealership. I didn’t opt for any just an observation. Their listed company that provides the protection was quite good when I checked reviews.

I don’t know if I will always buy from Rodo but will at least use them as a first check to see what prices should be on most cars.

2 Likes

I’ve put my address as about 5 various throughout Virginia and get anywhere from no inventory to 138 Chevrolets. I suppose as long as the zip is in my region it would work out.

1 Like

I just received a Toyota Sienna LE from Rodo and had an overall good experience.
The monthly payment was $406 a month with $406 due at signing on a 48/12 lease (I know the 48 months is a bit crazy) The MSRP was $36,288. It’s possible with enough research I could of done better but this was the best quote I was able to find considering my very tight work schedule. Discounts on the new hybrid Sienna are currently very shallow.

The only hiccup we had was that the bank asked for a cosigner after being approved and had already scheduled a delivery date. We also received a double credit pull which was a bummer. The dealership claimed they only did a soft pull to see if a better price from Toyota financial is possible instead of US Bank… Regardless it came up as an inquiry on my credit report.
Other than that everything went smoothly, the price was as promised and communication with Rodo was outstanding.
Rodo picked up the car from the dealership 2 and a half hours away and delivered it to my house.

2 Likes

Gonna take a stab at this Rodo deal. Been looking at EV leases for the past few months. This puts it on par with recent 2020 Bolt Premier one-pays I’ve been seeing on LH which require eligibility of a lot of incentives such as lease conquest or supplier discounts (which I am not eligible for either).

Went with the concierge option so I can talk through the process and confirm pricing before I upload any information. We’ll see if this is all smoke and mirrors when they call tomorrow…

2 Likes

I have personally leased from (Honcker) pre rodo. I have had friends who leased from the new rodo, and my advice to you would be to be prepared to say no and walk away. In both instances, the dealers called after the order was placed and said the car was no longer available and they tried to upsell. Just be prepared to negotiate your deal and stand your ground and you will do fine.

Otherwise transactions went off without a hitch, and the deals closed easily enough. They came, delivered the card, and that was it.

3 Likes

Let us know how it turns out. And do not let them bait and switch you, as per the post above this one.

So I had a call with a Rodo rep about the order this morning. He was courteous and even referenced my post on LH (so they likely see the feedback here!). Unfortunately, there was a a bit of crossed wires with this order where apparently the dealer had pushed through an additional discount that ultimately wouldn’t be honored.

The Rodo rep was considerate and apologetic about the matter. He didn’t try to sell me on another vehicle or a lease at a higher price. I spent the time doing a little Q&A on their backend with how they engage with dealers and what to expect in a future order process. The conversation was helpful if nothing else to provide some context. I asked about these “too good to be true deals” and was recommended to call their support # for any future orders to see if they can more quickly get the dealer to confirm pricing and move forward with an order.

I’ll probably still keep perusing Rodo in the future, but will keep expectations in check on aggressive pricing until get dealer to confirm.

3 Likes

Got it. They baited you but didn’t attempt the switch.

Congrats and good on you, because you are way more gracious than I would have been.

2 Likes

I had something like this happen with a Pilot that was clearly misconfigured and showing me a $200 month price on it. Do they run a hard credit pull when you click through on the app? I contacted them via phone to discuss vs trying to secure it.

I’m shocked!

Rodo, since you seem to read these posts… figure your shit out.

1 Like

No wonder, they read this lol

They can’t, and that’s the problem. They are 100% at dealers’ mercy.

2 Likes

Remember when the Rodo guy tried to participate on LH?

3 Likes

I don’t buy it. This is a systematic problem that seems to continue to happen without consequence. Putting up with it is as much as participating in it.

1 Like

Incompetent or unscrupulous? Does it matter? Why would you want to even attempt to determine that?

Absolutely. They chose to participate in this. In the end, they can drop bait & switch dealers from their platform, but they don’t do it because 90% of their shoppers will just pay extra $20-30/mo

4 Likes

It seems to me bait and switch is part of the Rodo experience. Not just the dealers.

1 Like

You contacted the dealer or rodo app? I thought dealership info are not transparent.

No I opened a case with Rodo and they contacted the dealer and said it was a mistake.

Got it. Thanks. I’m checking out Rodo for deals, hopefully it’s an easy process if I pull the trigger.

I had no problem with mine a couple months back.