Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

Plenty did including Leasehackr community.

Hey Guys - I thought I share my experience with Rodo this week. I was able to find decent price for Audi A5 that was about $1,100 out of pocket cheaper than what the brokers were advertising with broker fee. I had my doubts in the process but it was relatively relaxing process and I got the car last night. Granted I could have tried more to nickel and dime like I may have done in my past lease but I thought it was a fair price for me and experience was seamless.

3 Likes

thanks for posting the positive of RODO! I think they deserve more credit than they get over here!

Placed a 2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT in my “showroom”. Car was listed at $378 / mo. $2,842 DAS for 36Mo./10K. A couple of days later received an email from RODO offering the car for $370 / $2,813. I accepted the offer and input all the required information. I then received a call from RODO telling me there was “a mistake” and the real price was $392 /mo. and asked me to approve. I said no, I will not pay $750 more, especially since the same dealer has 5 other identically equipped cars listed on the site for that price. They’re all a “mistake”? They said they would contact the dealer and call me right back. 6 hours later and no response. Definitely disappointed so far.

2 Likes

That really sucks because most car buyers will just pay extra $22/mo since it doesn’t look like a big difference. This is what Rodo and their dealers are betting on

There is still chance😀 I tested that.
Last year there was not even a chance😀

The app is terrible. There are no brands available in the St. Louis area besides Mercedes and the dealer is 700+ miles away and the “deals” are bad. Useless app.

I don’t think it’s fair to call the app terrible just because they haven’t made it to your area yet,
I can tell you that a short while ago you couldn’t get anything in the bay area and they’ve come a long way and have a lot more dealerships now.

3 Likes

No, but is fair to call it terrible because of the constant bait and switch deals.

1 Like

That may be true and I experienced that as well (although in my case the dealer didn’t remove a sold vehicle from their inventory).
But that is a different reason.
My point I guess was if you will complain and want to give a bad review, that can’t be the reason for it.

1 Like

I don’t disagree. Unfortunately, there is plenty of other reasons to be frustrated.

Stop saying it’s constant! It was a couple of people,and you haven’t heard the whole story!

Hey Mr. Bondar! You appear to be from Brooklyn, where the Honcker/Rodo folks are from. You wouldn’t happen to have a connection to them, would you?

!אױ װײ

Just because someone is close to their headquarters and isn’t bashing it with “forever broken app” doesn’t automatically mean they connect or work for RODO.

I got the car from them and detailed my experience above. There was another user who said exact same story as mine.

We both did get the deal we saw and accepted.

1 Like

You’re right, it isn’t constant. It just keeps happening over and over and over and over again.

Now, I’m not sure what the other side of the story could be when there is a deal posted, someone tries to lease the vehicle, and then the dealer doesn’t honor the price.

I really like the concept of the app, but until they can knock that crap off, it’s useless.

1 Like

I have a hunch what I said is right! You’re free to have your own opinion, which you have articulated!

Help me get this straight - I, or anyone, who isn’t bashing the app are by default connected to it in some way shape or form?

Where did I say that?

You’re not Norm

I like what he stated - don’t need to bash the app. It’s start up. Shit isn’t always working.

But for a lot of people not on LH this app even with bait-and-switch still presents better deal than many get by walking into the dealerhisp. So if someone downloads it and get a baited deal better that they were trying to get on their own (because they aren’t aware of LH) still saves $ in my opinion for that person. And saved that person from being completely ripped off.
I’m not saying all of their deal are superior and some are down write awful but I see the potential for other to be saved from dealership shitshow.

1 Like