Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

Ok, I’ve decided to give Rodo a shot trying to lease Subaru Ascent, and it’s turned out to be a complete waste of time for me personally. They have no control over what dealerships advertise there, and of course monthly/DAS was way higher in reality. And they are not removing those false ads. Completely useless. (my personal opinion)

4 Likes

can you give more details? What was the deal you clicked on? What then transpired? What were the numbers offered? Who offered them (dealer or rodo rep)? What did they say when you grilled them about the false advertising?

Yep, I was shopping for Subaru Ascent, so I spotted a deal on Rodo $438/DAS $3167/12k on Touring, a few days later it became a flash deal $423/~$3100, so I decided to try that. I was suspecting it’s way off, you can see my post above, yet I decided to check if it’s really hassle free experience. And yeah, Rodo personnel was apologetic, saying “we’re so sorry, but it’s a dealership mistake, they used a wrong invoice price, please have a look at the price that provided by another dealership”. I’m not sure why I should care. Actual price was $476/DAS $3270, something like this. I dunno, maybe it’s not a huge problem, maybe I’m exaggerating and it’s still okeish deal given tax is included. But I’m not sure why dealership is allowed to keep BS price, even Rodo knows it’s wrong. Now I don’t even want to give a second try, cause there is 0 % guarantee on Rodo side. I really hope somebody had better experience with them, maybe it was all about one particular dealership, using bait/switch tactics.

1 Like

Here is my 2 cents. I leased a Buick Encore almost two years ago through what was Honcker at the time. The deal was within a few bucks of the excellent deals that were being obtained at the time (March, 2018) without any haggling. All went well and the car was delivered to my home and I signed the docs exactly as agreed.

Just this past month I saw an excellent deal on Rodo for a Hyundai Elantra (for my daughter). Decided to give it another shot knowing that there was a good shot that it would not pan out. Not surprisingly, after going through the initial process, the dealer started changing the numbers. I just said forget the whole thing and planned to move on. However, a Rodo rep called me to inquire how the deal was going. After explaining what happened, he apologized and indicated they were a “new” dealer for them and said he would put me in touch with one of their “better, more seasoned” dealers. Sure enough, the “better” dealer contacted me immediately and honored the originally agreed price to the dollar. Car was once again delivered to my door and docs signed without any changes or issues.

I have no doubt this system is far from perfect and will often not pan out and piss people off. It probably helps to be in a more heavily congested area where there may be more dealers in the system. But overall, I guess I have been pretty fortunate.

6 Likes

I second @Dewey_Lima experience in my write up above when I was getting my Ioniq.
Original dealer was playing to much with numbers and could not commit to the deal.
So RODO contacted different dealership and it went without a hitch.

3 Likes

I’ve just checked the prices again, looks like Rodo had a talk with the dealership, they fixed BS pricing, no more unrealistic numbers, that’s good sign. Cause in my understanding, Rodo’s success or failure depends on how well they can keep dealers at bay.

1 Like

But they are still playing games

1 Like

I didn’t say they aren’t. Some less sophisticated will take the “revised” deal.
Unfortunately.
And that will keep them going.

Ok,if the GPS says go across the train tracks,you still have to look out for the trains! Don’t forget to use common sense,if something looks too good to be true than it probably is! My guess it was just an error! RODO has a reputation to keep,it’s not in their best interest to deal with unscrupulous dealers! Just my 2 cents!

Considering how many deals on there end up with the dealer not honoring the price, they’re not doing a very good job on keeping their reputation positive

1 Like

Cause your only seeing the negative here! Not many coming back here to leave their positive review! And people leave bad review s for all sorts of reasons…buyer’s remorse, they didn’t understand the contract,etc.

There is a reoccurring issue on Rodo with deals being posted and then dealers saying they can’t honor them. That is a very specific issue that needs sorted out and occurs often enough that it isn’t a fluke with a dealer mistyping the info.

I’m sure there are lots of great reviews, but that specific issue is inexcusable and needs to be dealt with.

1 Like

I dont disagree!

For what it’s worth, I signed on a Mazda yesterday, and while waiting 30 minutes for the Finance guy started playing around on Rodo. Lo and behold, there was a vehicle of the exact make and model that I was looking for at that very dealership, for less than what I was going to be paying, despite the fact that they had to get my specific vehicle from a different dealership since they were out of them. I stood up and walked over to the sales manager, and he very frankly told me that the vehicle I was looking at had already been sold and for a higher price than the app was showing. He said they view it as a way to get people in the door, not as a sales tool.

and you rewarded this behavior by taking the higher deal, thereby proving him right in being dishonest with the app.

1 Like

That’s the problem with Rodo - they are dealer’s tool, not consumer’s. They can’t and won’t force dealers to honor advertised prices.

6 Likes

I didn’t reward his behavior - I was already in the dealership and I got there independent of Rodo. I didn’t even have the app on my phone until I saw a pen with the logo sitting on the table where I was waiting for the Finance guy. I decided to install it because it was a bit of a wait and my deal was already set to go.

In fact, I’d steered clear of Rodo precisely because of the way it’s represented on these forums. And in the end I got a deal that’s better than what brokers here are offering thanks to all the work everyone here puts in and the education I’ve gotten via the forums, and I’m happy with my deal. But sure, I’m responsible for the dishonest behavior of someone else. Victim blaming, what fun!

Has anybody who signed up for this promotion successfully received money from RODO?

I closed on 10/26/2019 and have not yet received the $100 RODO promised.

Aright, true enough. You agreed to a deal and stuck to it, so you did the honorable thing.

I certainly would have had some words with him, personally, though. Not about the deal, persay, but about his belief that he should post any old BS just to get people in the door.

Suggest maybe calling or emailing Nathan Hecht, the CEO of Rodo Honcker: https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Nathan-Hecht/-2086694678