Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

Thank you!! Will provide updates!

1 Like

I actually respect them for being closed on what they consider holidays given recent decimation of all federal holidays and having stores open and every one expecting to drop family in order to serve customers.

2 Likes

I totally respect their right to be closed. However in the auto industry and using their platform to make a rather large purchase there should be someone handling customer service 7 days per week. I come from an area where blue laws are followed on Sundays - literally no stores are open except for super markets and when I was a kid you were not able to buy liquor on Sundays. Even in the super markets they closed off the aisles that sold toiletry items.

2 Likes

If someone is there in the day company Is closed than technically company isn’t closed unless only to say “sure, we received this and will let you know in 24 hours.
If they would be closed Sunday but not Saturday when Toyota Financial for example is closed and some dealerships are closed what would they be able to help with?
Sorry, we this is going very off topic:)

I grew up in MA. I lived in Michigan for well over a year before I even realized that alcohol could be purchased on a Sunday here :rofl:

1 Like

Success!!! After emailing marketing dept, Steven from RoDo sent me a text and got the ball rolling. The usual contact was not at the dealership today so he was able to provide me someone else to deal with. Confirmed car was in stock for the price I wanted and we headed to the dealership which was about 1.5 hours away. The dealership process took way too long! But cannot blame that on RoDo. The people we dealt with were professional and courteous, with the exception of the person doing the hard pull on our credit - he put in wrong social for my husband more than once. Finally figured that out. The truck was not on the lot but at the storage lot 45 minutes away. So we had to wait for that to be prepped. The positive is NO HAGGLE! Showed them my deal from RoDo with no questions asked! Again getting this truck today would not have been possible without the help of Steven from RoDo!!! So here is the deal I got

2019 Tacoma SR 36 mos 12k mi at 218.00/mos with 2128 DAS…I appreciate everyone on this forum taking the time to respond to my posts!

2 Likes

What’s the MSRP of the Truck?
Could the deal have been done remote and to come just to pick up the truck?
Or were you in rush to get the deal done ASAP?

In a rush to get ASAP. Returning leased vehicle Monday…and needed second vehicle. I know when it comes to leasing MSRP is more important that monthly payment but for us, at this time it was monthly payment.

So how much Rodo helped with leasing for you? Only to have numbers ready in seconds?
There are a lot of brokers in CA. How was this better?

1 Like

I liked the monthly payment. My local dealer had similar vehicle with 3k DAS, 10,000 miles and 275 monthly payment for 2 door, not 4 which we really needed. We did multiple searches through different sites this past week and none came close to the monthly payment we found on RoDo…we have leased before and always negotiated MSRP but this time, like I said monthly payment was more important. I do believe that if RoDo contact was working today the dealership portion would have gone smoother. When they told me where the dealership was we were willing to drive there.

1 Like

Also I never thought of using a broker.

What are you doing on this site then? 5 minute search would show you potentially better deals even with shipping on a higher MSRP Toyota trucks.

I did not know that this was just a site for brokers - I was looking for info about RoDo and others experiences. Yikes

Congratulations thanks for posting your experience. Post on trophy garage.

This site is for helping people to make educated decisions about leasing. There are dealers here also, including Toyota.

1 Like

Great! Thank you for sharing your experience.
I think that’s one of the first where it actually worked without change in price or any other unfortunate surprises.

1 Like

Sorry, but that’s a terrible deal.

5 Likes

Image shows you can make an offer. What was the offer you made and what was the dealer counteroffer?

Well Jon thanks for your input. No need to be snarky. I’m not a professional broker. It was a deal that worked for us. Truly I wasn’t aware that this forum had brokers on it.

Didn’t know that…