Rodo (Formerly Honcker) discussion/reviews

Investors, angels, unrealistic founders are the reason. ROI. Addl funding rounds. Etc.

Honcker/Rodo is a START UP with prob tons of toxic moving parts. Quality of product is not a priority. Monthy revenue is.

1 Like

Hi Richie, thanks for your thoughts. Yes, we definitely have lots of moving parts and we don’t make any decisions lightly - including when to launch new products or features. Like many innovative companies, we tend to think that a solid product produces growing revenue. Tech products are always a work in progress and I welcome any productive feedback you might have.

-Jared

How about allowing users to see incentives based on their zip without registering (or at least with only email registration)? So they at least know what to expect before committing. Will drive traffic and you get to grow your email list.

Thanks @Ursus, it’s a good idea. As you probably know, we can show much more value in the way of rebates and incentives with additional information that we collect in the registration process.

That said, I hear your point on committing to our registration process and we have plans to create more detailed pages on rebates and incentives that will be available to all users, regardless of whether they have an account. Thanks again - keep the suggestions coming.

Thats a no go Bear Bro. This company’s biggest asset is your data. They can make tons addl money harvesting then selling massive lists of emails and info of people car shopping to other companies and brands who want that demographic.

Sure, but is not their primary business, while giving something upfront will drive traffic to their site. Right now - I make 1-2 clicks and leave.

1 Like

I dont think you’re right on this one.
Honcker’s main goal was to create a platform similar to Edmunds, Autotrader, Truecar, etc.

The business model was to build a brand with name recognition for leasing and then generate revenue from the traffic in all the regular ways.

Exactly like truecar and autotrader: build your car sign away your info, and get connected to dealers.

I actually leased through Honcker a couple of years back while they were still relatively good. It still took two attempts due to an incredible bait and switch attempt (tried switching a new model 2018 Camry for a 2017) but in the end I got a solid deal. It was 229 for a Camry SE with 1300 DAS. It was about 10$ cheaper than any broker I shopped. Then again I hadn’t been on here then so I’m not sure what I could have gotten…

1 Like

I’m sure there is maybe some minor ancillary revenue, but I don’t think your concept of their business is correct. What are you basing this statement on?

Every tech start up as a service ever created.

That is correct, @Ursus. Selling personal data is actually not our business AT ALL.

We’re in the car business - plain and simple.

1 Like

Thanks @Carfuffle, I’m happy to hear we were able to get you in your vehicle for the best possible price. You’re exactly right - we’re trying to build a leading auto tech brand here, and now with Rodo, we’re on that exact path.

For dealers, we operate a bit differently than TrueCar, in that we deliver actual deals to them, not just leads. Much more efficient and valuable for our dealer partners.

This app, if it works better now, would seem to be attractive to lessees who want simplicity in their leasing and who are not that savvy in the lease game. But LHers are not likely to bite on a Rodo lease if they don’t have aggressive deals. So I’m curious why @jalster you care what we think, other than just soliciting better attitudes/nicer comments toward the product.

1 Like

You clearly don’t know what your talking about.

Apparently, Rodo operates M-F 9-5 and SUN 11-5. I’m assuming EST because they are located in NY but their app does not state this.

Am I wrong to think most people shop for cars on Saturdays?

Trying to get replies to emails in a reasonable amount of time (1 hour) is difficult.

From a start-up perspective, if you wait until it’s perfect you will always wait.

7 Likes

Yes, correct, we are located in New York. We will add the time zone onto both the site and app - thanks for the recommendation.

Must be Sabbath

Ah yes. Must be.

Thank you
Are you planning to reply to emails today or only to post made here?

Please update the car model list when i try to input what cars i have it doesn’t show my car model…