Rivian R1T Truck

So… didn’t realize there was a Rivian Forum thread on the problem as I only heard about it directly from my friend and honestly I have zero interest in the R1T (I have two R1S orders)

Hopefully this gets fixed for the R1S.

I’ve been following this thread to some degree. Seems like it’s an issue with LEDs, even non-Rivians. Seems like there’s some things you can apply to the headlights but we’ll have to wait for more people to drive through snowstorms to see.

RIT and RIS are basically the same car to the B pillar. Wont be a fix exclusive to it.

It happens with all LED lights, however, Rivian is probably the only one out there with near vertical, recessed lights like this so surely it’s worse than just about any other vehicle (G Wagens included).

My friend didn’t even know about the thread and told me he had to stop twice in a 45 mile trip to clean the lights. He goes through a lot of cars and I don’t know if this has happened to other ones.

Regardless if it happens to other cars, Rivian should have a solution for their trucks/SUVs. The problem has no impact to me because I’m in Florida where I don’t even need heated seats or a heated steering wheel lol.

1 Like

People complain about it with the wranglers all the time. Its primarily an issue when the lights are recessed in a cavity.

2 Likes

I’ve read on Rivian forum many people with 2018 reservations that still haven’t received a car? WTF? First of all, the design is 5 years old when you do get it, and you have been waiting for 4 or 5 years for it? How does this company even exist? I have an R1S on order, with binding contract. When I reserved it, I think I got estimated delivery of September 23, but I seriously doubt I get it and I’m not sure I even want a 5 year old car. I feel like the Rivian buzz and fomo have worn off, the car is already old news.

1 Like

If you pre-order a vehicle way before the design is finished, this can happen.

I have an order for a fisker pear from when it was just discussion of a new vehicle that they were working on. Im sure itll easily be 4 years from order date to release.

1 Like

Sure, I get you have to wait for stuff, that’s how it is, but do people still have interest after 4, 5 years? There were a lot of R1Ts that were canceled and available to others. R1Ts value are tanking, so is their demand. R1S demand is there now, but once they actually deliver a good amount, I’m sure their value and demand will fall too.
Pear production “should” start in 24, he is actually scheduled to reveal a Pear prototype the end of this month. I think Fisker is trying to get vehicles out quicker than Rivian, Lucid, etc. which would give him an advantage over them, if he can meet production expectations. Difference with the Pear is no one even knows what it looks like yet and it will be built in a year. We knew what Rivians looked like 5 years ago, and they still look the same.

The whole market is coming down and its no surprise that as supply ramps up, the insane pricing over msrp on used vehicles would come down. Mmr is still significantly above the cost to get one of these right now.

Hell, if we want to talk ridiculous timelines from order to potential delivery, lets talk about the cybertruck.

5 Likes

I’m still on the waiting list for a couple of credit cards that were conceived and announced that long ago.

I’d tell you which ones they are, but I can’t find the email confirmations.

1 Like

A credit card and a new EV are 2 completely different things, im not even sure why anyone would be on a waiting list for a credit card? Aren’t there tons of credit cards to get, every day? Does this credit card that you are waiting for come with a Rivian?

There is a really good chance the Cybertruck will never be made, especially now that this moron took over Twitter and sold 4 billion $ worth of Tesla stock.

1 Like

Im still not convinced the cybertruck was ever intended to be made

1 Like

I got there soon after seeing them daily, sometimes several a day. But I wouldn’t quite kick it to the curb.

Not necessarily to the curb, but if they don’t start making them faster, they will pretty much have an irrelevant EV. They already said on their earnings call they lost a good amount of reservations, or was that Lucid? Might have actually been both.

didn’t they recently tease the mega casting machine for the cybertruck heading to Austin?

For a local commuter, range is just a number.

If you are using this for long trips… have to make sure you have a good charging route or else just rent an ICE.

Maybe not. But it seems like they are… There were job postings recently on Indeed for manufacturing engineers for the Cybertruck.

Maybe by 2025 we will find out