Rivian R1T Truck

I don’t know what you mean. But I’m not trying to sell here. The guy on here basically low balled me by offering what I paid for it and quoting cars and bids, which don’t include the buyers fee. When you add on the fee it’s around 90k. You can’t get one of these for less than 90k. Your snarky post triggered me. That’s all.

how is that lowballing you, you are not losing money :joy:

1 Like

These are totally unrelated things

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with trying to sell it at current market value.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to offend you, I asked if you paid 84k it wasn’t an offer.

I’m not offended. I’m just not letting it go for 80k. That’s what I paid taxes and fees included. It was the comment insinuating I didn’t understand the current market that triggered me. I’ve had a double bourbon now, so I’m good.

I wouldn’t let it go for $80k either, that’s below wholesale.

1 Like

80k is way too low. Just because someone has access to the shop, doesn’t mean they get the same pricing as OP. I just picked one up after ordering in January. Same truck in todays pricing would cost about 93k with the options I have.

Nope. Anything you pick up right now from Rivian gets $7500 tax credit.

From January 1st 2023 onwards, only anything under $80,000 will get it.

1 Like

Im referring to the MSRP.

You are not seriously suggesting someone can go onto Rivian website and pick up a truck by tomorrow? The tax credit is effectively gone now. @navidg is correct.

Market is softening a bit on these, not to $80k. But mid to upper $80k with low miles.

Ford Lightning secondhand market is softening as well.

1 Like

Unless rivian leases them

Dual motor comes in way under the $80k cap according to Rivian.com, which would qualify for $7500

Loving my new Lightning but my configuration is not what I ultimately wanted. The one I want is well over $80k, so my next truck will be a Rivian just for that reason.

I bought an R1T a few weeks ago after not seeing any interesting lease deals. I went from a Chevy Bolt to the R1T :slight_smile: Sure they’re both electric, but the similarities end there.

I genuinely think the R1T is the best possible vehicle I could buy at any price range for my situation, especially in Colorado. It definitely has flaws, but overall there’s nothing close (for me).

7 Likes

This is based on your sample set consisting of a bolt. Have you tried any other vehicles? What happens when Rivian goes bankrupt, considering they have less then 1 year of free cash left?

Having trouble to understand how an EV without a heat pump is any good in Colorado.

Of course I’ve tried many other vehicles. Owned, rented, borrowed, etc. Suggest a vehicle you think would be better for me assuming I love the Rivian. Maybe you’ll be right. Ideally it’ll be zippy, not need gas, easily haul kids, dog, skis & bikes, and be great in deep snow and off-road. Oh, and be safe.

What happens when Rivian goes bankrupt?

I’ll keep driving it and when it breaks I’ll buy another car. :smiley:

Having trouble to understand how an EV without a heat pump is any good in Colorado.

As someone who’s driven a Tesla with a heat pump, it makes virtually no difference day-to-day.

Congrats. Rivian is hands down one of, if not the best EV on the market. Their drivetrains are vastly better than just about anything out their.

Estimates are for Rivian to burn through $7bill in 2023. They currently are sitting at about $14+bill cash on hand. They are just fine. Bezos won’t let them fail.

Their product is top tier and demand is their, they just need to scale production quicker. Good sign is 40% of 2022 production came in just 4th quarter last year. So production pace is growing.

They posted a $6.8B loss for the last fiscal year and $8B in remaining cash reserves. It’s not sustainable.

Almost a 100 grand vehicle and when you look at those headlights, looks like a cartoon character… :blush: