Rivian R1T Truck

Hey at least Rivian does have some cars on the road, it’s not a total scam, like Mullen.

1 Like

R1T owner for a few months.

The Good: Screaming fast, very good ride, premium interior; way better interior and exterior finish than my Tesla, very good tech, lots of cargo space, and tremendous off-road capability.

The Bad: New company, poor communication on issues, lack of adequate service, no sunroof cover, back to the bad service network.

Mine had various issues pop up from new.

Suspension error message…went away after an update. Drive failure on the highway put the truck into limp mode (45 MPH) while I was in the left lane. Scary situation. Went into service for two days. Pronounced fixed.

Twenty minutes later I stopped at a Toyota dealership to look at a Tundra. Sales people fawned over it as did customers. Came outside ten minutes later and it wouldn’t go into Drive or Reverse. Dies out in the parking lot. Same adoring folks in the lot were now giving it a wide berth. An hour and a half to get the only tow company authorized to tow them to release it from it’s parking space and flatbed it out.

Had to Uber home on their dime. They rented me a RAM 1500 for two-weeks. No service loaner. After a number of days the pronouncement was the High Voltage to Low Voltage Inverter was bad. To save money they incorporated this into the drive motor. I had to wait another week for a new drive motor from the factory.

I told them I would prefer a new truck as they had more test miles on this one than I did. I also suggested mine become a service loaner. Crickets.

Since it’s return it has been fine but, my wife laughs at it’s reliability. It’s presently advertised for sale as I probably wouldn’t be comfortable taking it on long trips due to it’s track record.

The crazy thing is that I would really consider another one as it had everything I was looking for in a vehicle after owning almost forty different cars and trucks from German to Japanese.

I am seriously considering puling my for-sale ad as the truck is that good!

And yes, I would be giving up a decent profit on it as I was an early reservation holder.

I would be spending close to the same money to get a comparable new model pickup and I can’t think of another vehicle that packs so much in.

6 Likes

If you were to sell it, what would you get as a replacement?

That is where I am lost. We have a couple of nice SUVs at home and another pickup would fit best. The Lightning is too boring looking, a TRX isn’t very practical, the current Tundras are nice looking but, have their own first year issues and way less performance.

A conundrum.

1 Like

Appreciate you sharing your experience.

It sounds like Rivian is prioritizing deliveries at the expense of other things

The complaints allege the company ignored known hazards and deprioritized safety resources, leaving some workers to share respirators needed during the manufacturing process. They also detail a range of injuries, including a crushed hand, a broken foot, a sliced ear and broken ribs. One Rivian employee said management fished damaged electrical cables out of the garbage and told employees to use them.

Any vehicle can have mechanical or electrical issues, and I don’t doubt that a perfect R1T is perfect. I just wonder if they are capable of bringing an imperfect one back into spec yet?

1 Like

Without clicking the link and with no previous exposure to the story, I’m going to make a bold prediction.

The Rivian employees involved aren’t currently unionized, and there’s a union behind this messaging.

7 Likes

Bingo. It’s why they announced their second plant in Georgia…well, that along with insane tax breaks.

AAA in SoCal has R1T now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CliEP1WuATA/?igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

This thing is ridiculous. The acceleration in sport mode is laugh out loud crazy. I let two other people try it and they burst out laughing. The tech is amazing. I certainly recommend.

9 Likes

Started my 8 steps today. How long did it take to get deliver once 8 steps opened?

Cool! 2 weeks. But I did do the first seven steps in about an hour

Congrats, they really hit it out of the park with the R1T. In my opinion the most advanced EV sold today. Actually worth the extra money EV’s cost over ICE. Now they just need to scale up production.

2 Likes

This is a nice truck but I want to sell it now. Still waiting on the registration. Can I sell it privately without the registration? I have a loan on it through rivian and I believe they get the title. The account is funded. Still nothing on autocheck though. I’m guessing I still have to wait?

I’ll buy it for what you paid for it ) I have one on order but don’t want to overpay to get it now.

1 Like

Mind if I ask why? No worries if answer is personal. Just have one on order and curious why the sale so quickly given the positive impression.

2 Likes

Truck is awesome. I was never going to keep it. I only got on the list to see if I could get one early for a possible flip. I just don’t know if I can sell it yet. I thought I’d have the registration by now. If anyone is interested I’ll take 90k for it. Which is what the current new price is for same configuration. Granite, adventure pack. 500 miles.

1 Like

They are selling for 85-86 on car and bids now. Probably sell it or just keep it. Prices coming down slowly. I would assume you paid 79k with tax and all like 84?

Add 4.5% to cars and bids sale price as a buyer fee. I’m not on here to haggle. DM me if your interested.

I saw two for sale yesterday at a local Subaru dealer in So Cal. I assume the original buyers flipped them. The Subaru dealer is probably going to take a bath on them.

“I know what I got” energy lol. The market changed yo.

2 Likes