Review the Lease Deal: 2020 Audi Q7 Premium Plus 45 TFSI

, ,

If you want and NEED a Q7/Car right now, okay. But I can’t recommend you take this, the deal sucks.

1 Like

Agree. Inventory, from what we saw in South Florida, is tight for 2020 models.

If @HersheySweet says the deal sucks, it sucks. We will all be working for him one day - but he needs to go to prom first. :grinning:

But @Awatto negotiated am 11.5% pre-incentive discount. On an Audi. With tight inventory. I am spoiled with $85 doc fees in CA, but even if you adjust for the full (atrocious) $798 FL doc fee Awatto locked in a 10.2% pre-incentive.

I am aware that FL is not an inexpensive car market due to fee/tax requirements. Maybe there is some deal breaker in his fees/taxes. What makes this a bad deal?

1 Like

One. Ouch you really had to go there huh? Two, I really can’t imagine anyone paying this much for an Audi being happy with that deal. Even during normal times, 800 a month for 60k Q7 wouldn’t really tickle anyone’s fancy.

1 Like

My apologies. I actually meant it as a compliment. Your knowledge of the car space is commendable. If I knew half the stuff you do while I was in school, I could have upgraded my Ford.

3 Likes

What I’m getting is this is not a good deal relative to other manufacturers, primarily because Audi does not offer great lease terms. We are limited in cars due to my partner having very bad motion sickness. We’ve driven many 7 seaters, both SUVs and minivans, and our top choices are the Lincoln Aviator, VW Atlas, and Audi Q7. The Subaru Ascent was not bad, but we excluded, just as we did the Volvo XC90 - both because she got really sick. As the father and husband I take a fairly practical approach - if it fits our budget then she can choose the car. So those 3 are are top choices.

1 Like

I just re-read this part, I understand some of my family gets motion sickness from a simple metro ride. It’s a pain and I love how considerate of a partner you are.

Have you looked into Acura/Honda’s offering? @mani_is_kool might be able to help there. I know it’s a weird comparison of Q7 to Passport but when you get into real third row SUVs you have a limited offering. Have you considered a MB GLS? I won’t mention Toyota’s offerings for lack of a better word outdated tech.

@824 You’re fine, my response was a joke.

The MB GLS might fit your budget too. I love it. My husband thinks I’ll have a hard time driving and parking it since I’m a new driver. But the lease deal was the same as the Audi and the MB was a much more expensive car!

Correct. That’s why I didn’t say they would get a deal on this car.

1 Like

To be fair the 2020 Audi Q7 and 2019 GLS are different beasts. Though you may be a new driver, you seem to have gotten the gist of lease hacking!!

I couldn’t understand your post. It is too short. I need more of a story to fully appreciate the context.

Ps just kidding, you are right.

Pps. You are only partially right. The 2019 Audis can be had. 2019 A6, A8 and etron reporting for leasehacking duty!!

Thank you for sharing that. What are your payment terms if you don’t mind me asking?

I have noticed you have doubled the word count in your posts. Am I rubbing off on you?

Absolutely. Imitation is the sincerest form …

I didn’t go with it yet! But they offered me a 2020 selenite gray gls 450 with 2,000 miles on it (a loaner car.) the car was ticket at 81,150. With four thousand down, the payment was 824 a month for 36 months, 10,000 miles. I did not negotiate at all yet. But they told me already they are very willing to work with whatever price points I give them on a new car or loaner.

I didn’t understand how Audi was charging me the same for a lease when MSRP was 63,000.

Note to add: I went to a NY dealership.

I looked at the Honda Odyssey, and while I loved the spaciousness, it made her sick. Do you mean the Honda Pilot rather than the Passenger? I believe it is the Pilot that has 7 seats. I looked, but the inventory at the dealer was limited - the base models were all that was available and I simply didn’t like them.

For me, the key thing has been that the captain seats in the 2nd row makes an SUV feel like a real 7-seater, because access to the back seat is comfortable. I got into the back seat of the Lexus RX and thought no way is this a real 7-seater, it was way too tight for us.

To be honest, the MB GLS is one we didn’t see. I had her pop into the dealership to setup a test drive, and she walked after she got less than stellar treatment from a sales person - you get that from time to time and we just hustled onto the Lincoln dealership which was next in line for us.

Because we are tight on time, we are mostly likely going to end up in a Volkswagen Atlas. She loved how she didn’t get sick in the car, and the finishes for the 3.6L V6 Sel Premium were really nice.

Question, where are you finding SEL Premiums? I’m searching for a white one and they are no where to be found :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:. Also, what did they offer you for a lease. They quoted me high prices.

Those Audi prices, you could possibly in the GLS450 and X7 range demos… but i believe a lot better value . Especially if you qualify for fleet from one of them.

Would you recommend a MB GLS or X7 For a mom with three littles in car seats? I’m interested in one of them. Also, im a new driver, eeeek. Thanks!!!