Review the Lease Deal: 2020 Audi Q7 Premium Plus 45 TFSI

, ,

Hello all, what a terrific forum. I appreciate the feedback as a first time lessor and poster. I’ve tried to include all information as noted in the forums, so apologies for any omitted data.

2020 Audi Q7 45 Premium Plus 45 TFSI
Colour: Glacier White Metallic
MSRP - $62,590
Selling Price - $55,400 (11.5% off MSRP)
Months: 36
Miles/year: 10,000
Residual - 54%
MF - 0.001190
MSD: Sales person said Audi does not use them?
Loyalty Incentive - $1,000
Acquisition fee: $895
Monthly Payment - $836.01 (Including Tax)
Taxes and Fees: $1,059.66

Is this with or without the Costco program (if it would even apply here)?

1 Like

I believe this is with the Costco pricing. The sales guy I was speaking with implied it was, but I’m independently verifying this by looking at pricing through the Costco sales site. I’m quite new to this, and the sales guy has tried to truck me a few times.

Welcome.

You shared a lot of good information. But, for hackrs to help you the most you need to share TWO key pieces of information:

1. What discount did the dealer offer you? Said another way, the dealer reached into her pocket and gave you a discount. How much? MSRP - Dealer Discount = PRE-INCENTIVE Selling Price. Do NOT include any incentives from the dealer or Audi in this figure - just reflect how much the dealer is lowering his price.

2. Audi offers direct-to-consumer incentive on specific models/trims. This belongs to you, it is coming directly from Audi. Sometimes a dealer will reflect it his offer price. Your job is to know IF you are entitled to some lease cash (you are). You can learn about the current lease cash offer from edmunds.com. Note: we are not talking about conditional direct-to-consumer incentives like conquest, loyalty, college grad etc. We are talking lease cash available to all for your specific model/trim.

Often, dealers are not forthcoming about how they come to the total discount they offer you. If you want a great deal - you must break-down the dealer’s total discount into its parts and know how each component contributes to a great deal.

If you want the most help possible you can make it easier for us to help you if you do the following - in this order.

1. Post your lease worksheet. Every software program dealers use to calculate your lease payment and DAS produces a printable lease worksheet with all the leasing variables. You need to ask your dealer for it. They will only share it with you IF YOU ASK. Get it and post it.
  2. Post your LH calculator. But only do so if you are comfortable inputting the information correctly, this takes a few minutes to learn. If you don’t have confidence in your calculator abilities, the lease worksheet will serve you better. The only downside of the worksheet is hackrs need to manipulate a few numbers to see how your deal is shaping up. Make it easy for us, and the more we can help you. Plus, you are going to want to tweak your calculator as you negotiate so it really pays dividends to MASTER the leasing calculator (any calculator you prefer). Key calculator inputs that seem to give new folks a tougher time: A. Pre-incentive Selling Price, b. Direct-to-consumer incentives.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Hello, and thanks for the feedback. I’ll attach what I have from the dealer. The frustrating part is that I can’t use what is on these sheets and replicate the monthly payment in the LeaseHackr calculator, so clearly I must be doing something wrong.

Yup, that is the hardest part. You are not alone. It takes a little practice to translate a lease worksheet into the calculator. Invest a little time and you will figure it out.

1 Like

Some have written a nice thesis. But just say no, hell no to $800 on the Q7.

3 Likes

Unless you really love the q7… Still not a good deal.
You can lease an xc90 t6 for less money with more cargo space etc.

Hi, I’m HersheySweet, I partner with an Audi broker on this forum, and I am familiar with the calculator, I put your contract into the calculator since nobody else stepped up to do it or pointed you in the right direction.

Bull. Do them however, I included a second calculator with MSDs.

Yep.

JESUS I hate FL.

Calc. with MSDs

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, why is this a bad deal? I’m getting similar quotes and am not sure what would and wouldn’t be a bad deal. Looks like OP got a decent dealer discount, no? Eeek.

Audi’s just don’t lease that well. Usually low incentives and low RVs. That’s why you see a lot of “Get a Volvo/BMW” on this forum because there are incentives are decent RVs that make their leasing programs good.

Thank you so much for clarifying. I’m a mom of three littles all in infant and regular car seats, should I peek at the BMW X7? I would need to fit three car seats across in the middle row, the XC90 doesn’t fit them.

Look into Diono car seats. I’m almost positive you could fit 3 in a row in an xc90. Lot cheaper to buy new car seats than a q7 or x7!

I did unfortunately. They don’t fit. Stinks! Be that was my first choice.

I’m surprised to hear that. I assumed they fit 3 across in most cars since it’s one of their big claims. That’s too bad since they are great car seats.

I would take a look at an X7. Pricing will be similar if you have loyalty rebate.

The Q7 is a nice car. However, unless there is a 15% discount, it won’t lease well.

I do a quick ball park 1% rule.
60k msrp for 800 a month? No thanks.

Is it reasonable to target a 15% pre-incentive discount on any Audi - through hard negotiation and without unicorn luck? I hope so.

Maybe on a 2019 when inventory levels are normal. Not on a 2020 when there is barely any inventory.

1 Like