Rental Car Hacking?

lower to how much? the cheapest im seeing is 60 ish dollars

cause we are corporate travelers and dont want to deal with bullshit from an owner

As stated certain credit cards have a deal with silver car, my buddy used them too to a get car less than an economy at SFO.

I have all the cards that have deals with silver cars but its not that much cheaper. are you booking 1 day or 7 days? at how much are you considering it cheaper ?

Costco is still a great deal, even if you don’t have a membership you can look at the prices. Once you find something have your friend with a membership book it in your name.

standard economy coming out of sfo should range between 20-30 and 33 at most plus taxes

I think it just depends on the timing.

how much is his silver car? it is no less than 50$ a day but I can tell you they have less taxes and fees.
I rent from sfo almost every month or 2 times a month

doesn’t depend on timing it depends on days rented . at 1 day it could run you up to 60 the first day
always cheaper to do 7 day exact rental and I plan all my business trips around 7 days rental

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Want to give another bump to FlyerTalk. Used the Avis code they had for AARP readers and it significantly beat other codes while still being safe to use.

1 Like

I’d say National is the best for airport rentals. Good selection for executive aisle for most places. And if you have a contract that allow leisure use, it’s often below $40 a day around my area.

$40/day base charge plus all the airport fees

By that I mean all charges included. Highest I’ve seen is $50-$60/day in total for LGA/EWR.

TURO is best especially in California.

You forgot the

Wipe your ass fee…13.99
De-fart fee…5.99
Just because fee…8.99

2 Likes

I’ll agree with other posts that Flyertalk is the best forum for this kind of query. Whilst the UX isn’t as good as Leasehackr, there’s a lot of useful information in the individual car rental agency wiki pages.

I’d also give another vote Autoslash as they take into account any discounts you may be eligible for from Airline loyalty programs, Amex etc. I havent booked through them but I’ve used it to check prices.

My own feedback is that I personally pretty much exclusively use Hertz. Simply because I like things that are easy, they definitely are not always the cheapest. I just like the ‘Presidents Circle’ element that means I can choose the least-shittiest car and drive straight to the gate. No hard sell on bullshit add-ons, insurance etc and I’ve never had a single issue in 50+ rentals when returning a car. You still get the completely nonsensical bill at the end but I haven’t actually had anything added on I wasn’t expecting….yet.

Here are the Costco discount codes you can use in rental company’s websites :

Avis ACW A108329

Alamo, 7014627

Budget BCD W852802

Enterprise CSTUCPG

You may be asked for your costco membership while picking up so use it at your own risk . They work internationally, too.

Does anyone purchase the added protection plans that are offered at the rental agencies? Or do you leave it to your own insurance + any credit card protections from the card you use to pay?

I am usually quite hesitant with these add-on’s and thank goodness never had an issue, but with 2 toddlers now I just don’t have any extra time to do anything other than drop off a rental and head to the terminal for departure so any time savings might be worth the added costs, but I don’t want to just pay for the sake of paying if it’s a complete rip off and I’m already adequately protected by other means.

Never buy them. Put it on a card that has a primary insurance benefit (not secondary). Chase has several.

1 Like