Rental Car Hacking?

If you get elite status with one company, you can status match to all the other companies. Use StatusMatcher to look up the instructions. I got status at National through one of my travel credit cards and then status matched to all the other rental agencies.

I use autoslash as well!

^ user 2 hours old, 1 post. Seems super legit.

4 Likes

I was all set to use Costco to rent a car in ATL, but my brother-in-law told me about Hertz Gold, which is free to sign up for. Wound up using Hertz, but the best pricing was via the aaa discount I had with them. Was way less than Costco.

Look at all those LAX car rental Fees ! Oh My

About 25% taxes plus around $7.5/day for the facility. Plus you pay for the License.

Lets stick it to the business people and the tourists.

CarFees

I’ve tried multiple programs, and I just stick with my National Executive Elite status. If you travel to certain locations enough and know the staff, you’ll start getting free upgrades to Premiere Selection vehicles. I’ve had a BMW 4 series convert, multiple Audis, and a Ranger Rover Sport for the same base price as if I had rented an Altima.

1 Like

If it’s available at an airport where you land, I suggest Silvercar. They only rent Audi A4s and Q5s (and A5’s in some places), so they can be a little expensive. However their customer service is great, they have really good policies, and they have a lot of good coupons right now to lower the rental prices.

1 Like

Why anybody would use a rental car company out of LAX instead of Turo is beyond me. $100/day for a minivan? Ok cool, I’ll just pick up a 5 series.

I’m National Executive through amex plat. I like the selection

1 Like

match your amex plat to spg gold and then marriott gold and then state match marriott gold to national executive elite, then status match to hertz presidents circle and then to Avis preferred plus and keep going if you want. Thats what I just did over the last week. Since I rent sometime not from the airport the other brands are cheaper usually.

how long is status match good for for hertz president circle ?

Unfortunately, it only goes up until December 31st 2018, but your executive elite status lasts for a year plus 14 months. So I would think you could just re match after years end.

yea that’s the experience i’ve had with status matches. Not worth it if you’re not constantly renting.

I don’t rent ever either, I only did because the new marriott gold right now is becoming shitty gold in august. But I would think that you could just make another account in your girlfriends name or something and just match that with your status after it ends. I’m also guessing that If you wait until January 1st 2019 and status match you’ll get it for the rest of the year.

I get 30% off silvercar with one of my credit cards, I’ll be using it for the first time on a trip in October. It was the same price to get an A4 through silvercar as it was to get economy from elsewhere so it was a no brainier this time .

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

For the AMEX plat card holders I have a hack to get your status from National upgraded from Executive to Elite. National will match status from Hilton Gold (also a perk of AMEX Plat card). Once you have Elite Hertz and the other big rental companies will also match status.

2 Likes

you can private message me. I’ve rented cars for 6 years before I found this website. it was my form of transportation.

silvercar is expesnive