Rental car 18 year old

Hi, does anyone know of a dealer in NJ that would be willing to rent me a car without charging Young renter fees.

I have a personal auto policy which covers rentals, which I will be willing to share with them.

Good luck! The only thing I’ve found is UHaul Pickup Trucks will rent to a less than 25 easy.

I will be driving 400++ miles over the weekend so that’s not going to work.

Can anyone here, maybe someone with dealer connections, help?

I believe Turo minimum age is 18. Have you tried to see if there’s good options there? Last time I checked in central NJ, some nissan and CDJR dealers were renting out their cars that way.

Silver car doesn’t have youth surcharge I believe, they rent out of Audi dealerships

1 Like

Checked, I used to see Nissan dealers but I don’t see this time.

If you know of any dealers that rent on there, I’ll call them direct.

Someone’s been doing radio ads for waived young driver fees if you sign up, Hertz maybe?

Didn’t hear anything about that.

Yep it’s hertz…check it out online OP

I could certainly be wrong but thought ‘young driver fee’ was for 21-24 otherwise it’s 25+, 18-20 still persona non grata.

1 Like

The one I had booked with (RT 46 Group) says 21+. So that’s out.

There’s always peer to peer on Turo that I believe is 18+ unless otherwise specified. Any reason you specifically would want a dealer car? If not p2p might be your best bet.

Turo has for 18yo but they want like $50 a day extra for a 18yo

Do you have any contact info?

Maybe with my personal insurance they will rent to 18.

Are you sure that’s not just for their insurance? You’re probably going to need that anyway.

Frankly you’re probably not going to find a cheaper option anyway than Turo + Turo insurance.

1 Like

@ 400+ miles, I’d be looking at Enterprise, or other unlimited miles renters.

1 Like

Most won’t even rent at 18 in NJ.

Hertz is waiving under age fee. Enterprise/National if you’re starting college you can use their code for student discount

I used ZipCar a couple times in college. You should give it a shot

Hertz will do it. Get a AAA membership to waive the underage fee. Exceptions are Alabama and Nebraska where 19 is required.
https://www.aaa.com/aaa/common/travel/car/hertz/hertzaaamemberbenefits.html

Enterprise will rent to 18+ in NY and MI. YMMV on this because I have rented under age 21 cap in OH, but that was through a corporate booking with our local Enterprise branch.

2 Likes

Why are you trying to rent a new or a dealer car? Turo peer 2 peer is age 18+, filter out the higher-end stuff and here’s a search link for this weekend. Just filter and double-check in features it doesn’t have an age requirm.

Link