Reliability of volvo?

I always push for pickup and delivery of loaners before I sign for a car, in writing. Where are you located?

Volvo does pick-ups and drop-offs in many places. Every dealer in the northeast that I know about has loaners. Any dealer I can think of in the NYC tri-state area does pick-up and drop-off.

I had a 2017 T5 S60, which was fine, just a few minor things, as you will have with any car. The same can be said for my 2019 S60 thus far. I also know and remember that most cars today are full of technology and are electronically driven, i.e. things like the transmission, and there are more things that can go wrong, such as software. But that’s just one reason why I lease, so it is what it is.

1 Like

Ramsey Volvo and the former Kundert folks in Englewood both refused to do pickups and drop offs.

Kundert had to sell, and Ramsey is just total garbage people.

Los Angeles

Are there any sporty fun sedans that are reliable with regular maintenance for 10 years? Seems kind of sad that overall cars are more reliable but function more as disposable appliances.

Plenty, but this is a leasing website.

Feel free to check out Lexus IS, GS for reliable fun long term. Don’t expect to get German performance out of them though

1 Like

No I get that this is a leasing site, but it’s very active with a lot of opinions which is what I want. Yeah was looking at the GSF, and even that felt soft compared to German cars. Had one for a few days and returned it to carmax. Thanks

It does matter if you don’t have to time to deal with it getting repaired every couple months

1 Like

My Volvo has only been in the shop for the included maintenance. It’s been flawless, but I only have 25k miles on it.

2 Likes

I think the interior built quality for Volvo’s does not come close to that of BMW or Lexus. I like it better than Audi, and I’d say its pretty on par with the cheaper MBs. To this day the best interior I had was my Lexus RC350 F-Sport. Every piece felt properly fit, good materials used, and just solid.

Volvo looks very nice, and comes off as classy, clean…but I feel like it won’t last with every day wear & tear for longer than 4-5 years…hence my suggestion to lease.

1 Like

You and I have apparently not been in the same Volvos and BMWs as I’m always amazed how poor the interior quality is in all the BMWs I’ve been in compared to the volvo interiors.

2 Likes

What Volvo’s have you been in? I need to vehemently disagree with you on this one. I am biased when it comes to Lexus I just really don’t like them. They are boring to drive I hate their exterior styling and their interior are almost as ugly as their interiors.

2 Likes

My first car was a 2000 Volvo S80. Man was that thing an unreliable piece of junk. Every single light was on, the dash looked like a Christmas tree. It would shut off while driving, wouldn’t start half the time.

It’s sitting in storage on my parents ranch. They still fire it up and move it around occasionally.

I loved it so much that I’m looking at getting a new Volvo once I graduate.

Gotta say… I’ve never heard someone who’s been in BMW/Audi/MB/Volvo cars say that the RC 350 F Sport has the best interior…

I’ve always wanted to like to Lexus because of their reliability, but I can’t get over the snooze fest and poor practicality Of some of their engineering philosophies. I’ve always abhorred the RC/IS series of interior design as well. The new LC is light years ahead, but the IS/RC interiors are cramps, loaded with buttons and of poor ergonomic design. The seats are comfortable… but I never felt physically
Comfortable inside the cars.

Opinions are subjective though and I’m happy to see someone out there likes what Lexus is doing because I know I don’t…

4 Likes

Between my wife and I we are on our 6th Volvo. 2 xc90 leases currently. One has 35k miles with the turbo and supercharger (t6) and we have not have a single issue. Our two local Volvo dealers always do loaners with basic service along with pick up and drop off. MB balked at a loaner for an inspection and oil change so I had to sit in a MB dealer for 2.5 hrs when I had a GLS. Personally the Volvo interior is nicer than the BMW I had a few years ago. MB was a little nicer but it came at a cost.

1 Like

Maybe it has more to do with age. I am in my early 20s and was literally 19-20 when I drove that RC. It just had the sportiness which I appreciated in the interior, and I actually liked the cockpit feel of the instrument cluster and the button layout.

Super subjective topic, so I have no issue with you disagreeing. I had the 2017 S90 and currently have the 2019 S60. Volvo interior isn’t bad, I just feel like some of the materials used are not as premium as I’d like for the price they charge…but again clearly its not a deal breaker for me. I like Volvo for other reasons.

Way better value than BMW/MB for the price they charge. Materials are as good if not better, IMO.

2 Likes

Hey, at least the interior isn’t model 3 level of quality

1 Like

If we’re talking lease, then yes I agree. But I am thinking lets say compare a 2019/2020 5-Series vs a S90 Inscription in terms of their price overall (although obviously you can score a deeper discount on a Volvo even when buying). To me, personally, the BMW just feels more solid and more pleasant interior wise.