Regular incentive programs to sign up for

Here’s a list or some customer benefit programs that regularly offer car-buying incentives. In other words, it might be worth being a member or signing up to get a deal depending on the offers available. Some (like Costco) require membership in advance, meaning you can’t sign up when the deals are released.

Costco membership: Volvo, Audi, Mercedes, Honda (Cash card only), Chevy, anything else?

PenFed: Mercedes Benz, BMW, FCA, Mini, Volvo. Need to be member for one month, can become member through volunteer work or donation.

Volvo Club of America: note requires one year of membership to then be eligible for A plan.

BMW CCA: note requires membership for one continuous year to qualify, or six months with a three year membership.

9 Likes

thnx! Really appreciate that!

2 Likes

Is this the PenFed foundation or the credit union that one has to donate to to become a member?

Secondly, 2 yrs into a bmw lease and possibly getting into a bmw in 2021, more than 6 months away, is it too late to do the CCA membership and get that incentive 6 months from now?

PenFed is a credit union; you must join the credit union to obtain the discounts. When I joined, I did not have to make any donations or the like. I only needed to add $5 or $10 to a checking account with them. Keep in mind that, at least for the BMW incentive, you must be a member for 60 days.

Regarding BMWCCA, if you sign up for a 3 year membership the waiting period is reduced to 6 months, from the usual 12 months. The terms are pretty clearly laid out on the BMWCCA’s website.

1 Like

I believe Subaru honors Costco discounts.

How about https://bonusdrive.com/ ?

Post sale in-mail rebates

3 Likes

Bonus Drive was great, easiest $500 bucks I made. Also opened penfed acct with $5 just in case I might ever need it.

2 Likes

I have a BMW Corporate Sales Program certificate through my employer. I joined BMWCCA. Am thinking about PenFed but before I do, can I layer these incentives on top of each other or do I have to choose which one to use when leasing a BMW? Thanks.

BMW corporate stacks with almost nothing. It does not stack with penfed or CCA. Penfed and CCA do stack, however, so you will need to determine which combination nets you a better deal.

1 Like

FWIW just joined PenFed without having to make a donation.
P.S. I was ready to, but the registration wizard just let me through, even though I have not selected any affiliation option.

And thanks for this list.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Penfed stacks with Costco?

I’m also curious to see if PenFed stacks up with other incentives. I’m looking at an Audi A4 and BMW 3-Series. For the Audi, I have my $1,250 Costco certificate ready. For BMW, I should qualify for $500 owner loyalty as a current owner and I’m waiting for my $500 corporate incentive to be processed. I only found out about PenFed recently. I just joined yesterday by opening a savings account with $50 deposit. I know you have to be a member for 60+ days to get their auto incentive certificates for both BMW and Audi. I’m willing to wait a couple of months if the incentives stack up since I’m not working on a specific timeline.

As the Costco Deal is non bank specific, it should. However you will lose a bunch of the other incentives that are GM specific right?

Costco - This program IS NOT COMPATIBLE with the following programs: Military Select Program (PenFed).

:chocolate_bar:

4 Likes