Regrets, I've had a few... on my 2023 Porsche Cayenne Base Demo Lease

I figured you’d chime in, but yeah, a Macan is not rebranded Q5. I’ve driven both, there is zero comparison especially in the steering/handling department. It really is amazing how well it drives.

I am not going to argue the engine to anyone, but coming from someone who has had cars that handle proper - X3M/F80 M3/G80 M3, etc, the Macan is really something impressive from that handling and engagement perspective.

3 Likes

If 300hp is like “ant piss” then your base Macan @ 261hp is like what exactly?

5 Likes

I don’t base my argument for one or another car on the number of HP under my hood.

Porsche badge is cooler, but for actually driving the cars X5 > Cayenne, X3 > Macan

Never forget that the MSRP difference on those SUV’s is directly attributable to Porsche having roughly ~2x the profit margins of BMW, not because of higher quality components.

1 Like

uhhhh…but you did just that.

1 Like

Did what?

if you have said you have got 1000HP one would be impressed by your engine (but not with your dribbling argument about Porsche Macan being Audi Q5).

I want whatever you are smoking. BMWs don’t drive poorly, but they don’t drive better than their Porsche counterparts.

Plus when I sold BMWs, there were so many quality issues on new cars that we had to fix before delivery. From window switches not working to condensation in headlights. Plus, every car 4+ years old had an oil leak. Other than the lightweight glass in some 911s, I haven’t encountered any issues. And you are probably right in that the quality of the parts is similar, but one brand mass produces 2+ million cars a year and the other makes 300,000. I imagine the company making less can ensure higher quality and reliability.

5 Likes

Oh I’d definitely never want to drive a BMW out of warranty :rofl:

For the price of a base Macan, you can get a X3 M40i, and thus you should do so. For the price of a Macan S, you can get a X3M, and thus you should do so. If you have $20k extra, sure, go for the Macan GTS and check all the performance upgrades, you got yourself a superior car.
Sure you can say a poorly equipped Macan is cheaper than X3 M40i, but why are you getting a bare bone base Porsche to begin with… It’s a pay to play brand.

1 Like

The person looking at a Macan GTS has an extra $20k for it. The average Porsche buyer has a HHI in the $500k area ($350k for the Macan) vs $150k for BMW.

And that HHI is while I feel like it is comparing apples to oranges. BMW/Audi/MB vs Porsche. Tudor vs Rolex. Brooks brothers vs Loro Piana. Myrtle Beach vs Lake Como.

3 Likes

Now c’mon. This one is a bit of a stretch.

In a huuuuuge way.

3 Likes

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

2 Likes

People who say BMW X3 handles better than Porsche Macan either:

1. Never drove both cars.
  2. Have no clue what handling/steering/cornering/control means. Latter should definitely buy Toyotas, it’s cheaper investment with low CTO.
1 Like

But how many people are going to actually track their mall crawler or drive hard enough to where you will actually notice a difference? Yes the loaded GTS handled better, but for what /where i drive 95% of the time, the x3m made MUCH more sense, has more room for the kiddos, and the difference in lease price was enough to get another car if iwantwd to track it…

2 Likes

I say one comment and it gets thrown into landfill.

You guys going at it and it stays. lol

1 Like

I think if you personally prefer BMW, then that is the car you should own and drive. But if you ask my opinion, which might be different from yours, then here are my counter points:

1. There is really no point getting X3M if you are a gentle driver who just needed a family SUV with room. The whole point of X3M is that it’s a track car.
  2. I , for one, immediately notice how car handles, no matter if I drive in 20 mph stop and go traffic or 70-80 mph freeway. Better the car’s handling the more it feels like extension of your body, where you can maneuver and control it like yourself.

No the whole point of it (if you ask my wife) is so that she can shit on Mustangs, Camaros, Challangers…and Macans at stop lights

All while moving kiddos and hauling her latest HomeGoods plunder

:wink:

1 Like

I knew that was the case with your Macan all along. Though I’d get a Cayenne if that’s the case :rofl:

That contradicts your earlier statement in favor of X3 that has more room for kiddos, used as mall crawler and is not to be hard driven 95% of the time.
If all you want is to shit on cars on a red light, then 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon will do. Probably cheaper than X3M too.

Nope… and thats before dealer markups

Plus a x3m generally leased better than even a standard HC, has more rooms, and 95% of thrime + shes not sitting at lights waiting for victims.

Most of her driving is normal