Ready to pull the trigger on a 2017 Scat Pack, but

…not sure I am getting a good deal. Maybe you guys can help. Details below:

2017 R/T Scat Pack 392 Challenger
-Auto, Dynamics Package, Leather Int. Group, Sound Group II, Driver Convenience Group and NAV

MSRP - $46,465
Residual % - 57
MF - 0.00193 (4.6%)
$0 down, just first month, security dep., tags, misc. fees ($1500)

$495/month (inc. taxes) for 48 months/10K/yr. They will do 36 months, but obviously changes the price. The 10K year is plenty for me, and I have no problem with 48 months, unless you folks think different… Through FCA.

What do you think ? Bad - Fair - Good. Seems a little high to me, but it is pretty loaded and the right color.

I see much better deals (and some worse) when I searched the forum. Seems to be where you are, and the the dealer to me.

LMK

You didn’t list the cap cost, but I don’t think this is good. This doesn’t meet the 1% rule even with the 48month term.

2 Likes

The cap cost is around $44K. What is the 1% rule, as I’m somewhat new to leasing? What do you think is a fair deal? Is 48 months too long?

Thank you.

The time for the good US Bank leases with IDL cash from FCA has passed, but just for context, a few people here got in the low to mid 300’s on a 3 year lease at that time. So if you’re not in a hurry, it might be worth waiting around to see if something better comes up.

HK

Thank you. Mid 300’s…wow! What would you folks consider acceptable per month on a $46.5K vehicle for 48 months? And what is the 1% rule? 1% of the Cap cost per month?

Anybody else? Appreciate it.

1 Like

Hey Paradox, I was offered 36 months 12k/year for $489 monthly on a $46.3k out here in Ny. I was told don’t take anything pass 36 months on fca

Oh sorry forgot to add with a 2,500 negative equity. With 1500 down payment

Finally struck a deal for $444/month with $0 down. Not great but I’m OK with that amount. Thanks all.

I got 2017 R/T Scat Pack Charger about 4 month ago.

MSRP $43,246
Adjusted Cap 39,746
Also received $3500 in rebates
Monthly price $412 with $0 down only my first payment.

I’m in NY but ended up getting this car in Marietta GA

If it’s for 48 months it is a terrible deal, sorry. You will be back in 12 months saying I wished I had only done 36 months

My deal was for 36M 10k

Congrats on the deal Russ

@ vhooloo
Just asking, but how is it “terrible”? Lease calculator on this site shows it actually low for the parameters given. The price is with all taxes.

terrible discount,high mf, high payment

1% rule…

Look at first 3 numbers of msrp and that’s a target for monthly payment.

$45,000 = $450 month

While its good for comparing 2 different vehicles of the same make, model and trim its not necessarily good at determining if a specific make and model is the best lease it can be.

Example: Same Make, Model, Trim from 2 different dealers…
Car A: MSRP $43,000 payment $400
Car B: MSRP $43,000 payment $450
On paper car A looks like the better deal and from a pure financial perspective it probably is.

Here’s the problem with the 1% rule…what if the car you want doesn’t lease well?

Example: Cars C and D are different makes, models and trims…
Car C: MSRP $43,000 payment $399
Car D: MSRP $43,000 payment $499
On paper Car C is the better financial decision. But what if you don’t like Car C? Are you better off paying and extra $100/month for a car you like? That’s up to the buyer.

‘Terrible’ is a relative term. How is it compared to what other people are paying for the same deal? Are all the parameters optimized? RV/MF etc?

The longer a lease is the more depreciation your financing.

Still a little confused. 1% of the MSRP is $464. Mine is $444.

Also, when I run the lease through the lease calculator at 48 months, it comes out to $446 month, 48 months. That assumes the following.

MSRP - $46,465
Purchase price - $42,000
Residual % - 57
MF - 0.00193 (4.6%)
$0 down, just first month, security dep., tags, misc. fees ($1500)

Just trying to understand. Not trying to be an arse.

Are you sure the RV is 57% after 48 months? That seems too high.

Seems high but…

Dodge website has a 48 month Challenger Scat Pack @$455/month with $1500 drive off…

Adjusted cap cost of $41,075 on an MSRP of $44575 (I tried to build a comparably price Scat Pack)

48 month @ $455/month
36 month @ $483/month
24 month @ $586/month