Reaching out to dealerships

No one wants to read a wall of text. Just say I want this car at these terms. Here are the rebates I qualify for. I will pick it up on this date. Don’t need anymore than that.

5 Likes

This is why every offer I ever make says “if you accept, I will be there in 1 hour to take delivery.”

The statement I try to make with an offer is “here’s exactly what it will take to earn my business, I’m serious and ready to close right now, and I’m not trying to shop your numbers around.”

1 Like

I tried that. “ I’ll be there in 1 hour” but doesn’t that show desperation. It does work though

OK, so make it 2 hours. The point is you’re saying “I’m serious and ready to do business now at these terms”

2 Likes

ebabc41a-490d-4a04-bfd0-ae0421a05333_text

4 Likes

You got to run your own numbers, and know your numbers when talking to dealers. Feel free to take a look at my signed deal from this past May.

Although, that data point is from 4 months ago, you might a learn a thing or two about negotiating a lease deal in your favor.

2 Likes

So you are “sometimes” wrong ?:smile:

1 Like

Of course. Who isn’t wrong?

Even broken clocks are right twice a day.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, the links and responses have been very helpful. Hopefully I’ll be able to make a “signed” post soon. Some dealerships I have reached out to refused to provide any pricing over the phone and insisted on me coming into the showroom (I refused). I’ve adjusted my strategy based on the feedback but this market is insane.

1 Like

What car are you trying to get?

This has always been the case, although it does seem to be more prevalent these days.

Even if you go in to negotiate, I’d still hold to the same principals:

“Here’s what I’m willing to pay. If you can do this price, I’ll sign right now”

1 Like

:point_up_2::point_up_2:- Care to address these questions?

1 Like

Thanks for all the input, it’s very helpful.

I’m wondering though, if you are in a place where there is not enough dealers, is it a good idea to give the das and monthly payment directly?

I’m about to work on a 330xi and from what I see in the share deals section, some LHers were able to get it around 2K DAS + 410~440 monthly but in my region(search range is up to 250 miles), the lowest advertised offer is somewhere around 4000 DAS + 600ish monthly. Is it too aggressive to tell the dealers that I’m looking for the same 2K DAS + 410 monthly? I think I can try that but chances are very slim. What should I do if the dealers simply don’t reply or they reject such a offer? Is it possible to re-negotiate? And since there aren’t too many dealers in my area, what if they all reject my offers? I know I can always go to a broker but I still want to know how you guys will negotiate in such a place.

Thanks!

I’m looking to lease a Mazda cx-5 GTR trim. I had a deal in place with a broker but the dealership wasn’t able to honor it due to supply shortages so attempting to see if I could recreate the deal with dealerships that do have inventory. The deal is approximately 7.6% off MSRP with bank RV and MF and some additional dealer fees.

Auto lease ninjas does cx5’s if he has any in stock now

Monthly and das is an output of the leasing equation. You can’t just take someone else’s numbers and assume they’re the same as you. Price compare based on pre-incentive discount, then calculate what the monthly/das for your situation is and offer that.

1 Like

Nothing is ever too aggressive until you try it. You never know , they might agree

1 Like

A couple of questions:

1. When were those shared deals signed?
  2. What was the MSRP of those cars?
  3. What was the pre-incentive discount?
  4. Were there any incentives applied to the shared deals?
  5. Where are you located?

:point_up_2::point_up_2:What they said.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply and I totally agree. I have actually constructed the deal by myself, including all the incentives, MF, RV, etc. If I’m able to get 10 percent off MRSP as the selling price, together with the leasing cash + incentives, with a non markup money factor, I should be able to get a similar deal. But this is far from what the dealers have advertised and they won’t include all the details such as money factor in their calculator. Thus I’m wondering, should I propose everything to them, or just tell them the DAS and monthly payment? I have actually checked a lot of posts on this topic but I’m getting mixed answers.