Rate this M5 comp lease deal

Man, that is just typical car dealer games, not the sales manager going out his way to be a dick to you.

Of course they’re going to tell you they don’t discount M cars that much or that he’d only give you such and such discount if you buy that day, etc. etc. Has nothing to do with how young you are or anything else like that.

Frustrating yes, but don’t take it so personally, happens all the time, why it’s always recommended to deal over email/text, as mentioned above.

In any event the car looks amazing, so enjoy! :grinning:

Hard to tell what really happened without seeing more of text thread but if it was unwarranted, it sounds like you should forward the thread to BBB And CC someone higher up at auto nation

1 Like

Non stop entertainment.

1 Like

I had a similar experience with BMW of Encinitas.
Was working on 19 non-comp unit with 139K MSRP. Dealt with 2 people while negotiating and they were ignorant, disrespectful and condescending.

1 Like

While I too don’t know all the background details of the transaction and exchanges, I can empathize with OP and attest that this is a pretty unsavory dealership. I live nearby BMW Encinitas (fortunate to be in an affluent area of North County San Diego); gainfully employed; have a penchant for leasing European cars every 2-3 years; and I’m likely significantly older than the OP. And, despite this ‘appealing’ demographic, this dealership strives to fantastically alienate me and my business. I, too, happen to be of Asian ethnicity although several of my Caucasian colleagues have endured similar experiences, so I really don’t know how this dealership stays afloat.

2 Likes

I see you posted a review on Yelp for the dealer sharing the same screenshots you shared here. Guessing you won’t have to worry about anyone else encountering that sales rep later…

4 Likes

I like this guy. Reminds me of Suckers

1 Like

Wow, cant believe people actually went to Yelp. But I guess I can’t believe the sales rep acutally said that. He should’ve called OP and said it over the phone lol

1 Like

Such low class behavior

I agree with @mllcb42 - SM must have typed and sent it when CA showed him that they lost the deal to their sister store, apparently because of him.

1 Like

These two stores have the same GM. They don’t care.

This has to be one of the craziest responses ever. Wow.

1 Like

@BMW_Dave - Check out the text message… Guess some folks give zero shits…

1 Like

You really need to reach out to BMW NA and AutoNation corporate and send that screen grab Along with manager and salesman’s names. Give that a try first and if you don’t get the response you want, them go to the review sites as you see fit:
Yelp
Dealer Rater
Edmunds
Facebook
Google
Cars dot com

Anywhere else that takes customer inputted reviews.

Edit: do some research and find out the email address for the CEO of AutoNation. Their office will get back to you. Also find the email address of the BMW NA CEO as well as the western region head and the regional distribution manager as well, write to the CEO and CC the western region folks. Let the AN folks know you’ve also reached out to BMW NA. If it was me, I’d have all of those emails ready to fire off. Then I’d called the salesman and request an explanation. If he claims it wasn’t him, give him 30 min to get back to you with how it happened or you will fire off the emails. If he doesn’t get back to you with an explanation, follow through and send the emails. Upon receipt of responses, also consider writing to the dealership general manager and let him know you are in touch with AN and BMWNA leadership about the egregious matter.

Only you can decide how far you want to take it. I would at least make an effort to root out the problem individuals.

3 Likes

Text was hilarious though. Hahaha

1 Like

Holy Crap!! That’s insane! I guess some people have zero class. I’m just wondering why you didn’t stop by and see me when you drove right past our store to get to Ontario. :wink: Customers here will NEVER get anything except the 5 Star Experience that they deserve! (even if we can’t meet your target)

P.S. Gotta admit, the text was hilarious though. Just no couth!

12 Likes

Burn by @BMW_Dave!! Haha

411 unread texts? Gotta be more gold in there!

2 Likes

I don’t know. I think you should leave it visible so that every person on here can save this number in their phone with the name “DO NOT WORK WITH”.

5 Likes

I agree with Dave, don’t care what happened, that text was uncalled for. Enjoy your car and move on. Wouldn’t be surprised if BMW gets involved.

3 Likes

Glad to see some sane dealers left… jeez.