Rate Findr check

Can anyone confirm the Rate Findr lease program on a 2024 Honda Pilot? The calculator is telling me MF .00101 and residual of 60%. Dealer in Southwest PA is telling me MF .00253 and residual 64%.

As per Edmund’s for feb’ 24

0.00253 MF and 64% RV. @ 2024 Honda Pilot EXL 36/10k miles for zip code 15685

You can request the above info on edmunds forum

Thank you.

Best person to ask is @littleviolette

On a related note, so many people seem to assume the placeholder values for MF and RV are correct for their chosen vehicle. Maybe either delete the placeholders or put in something absurd like 0.00888 and 21% that implicitly forces people to never assume they are correct.

4 Likes

Different trims have different programs. What’s yours?

Those are the calculator default values before selecting the ratefindr values. Thats what ratefindr would display if you input the vehicle you were looking for but didnt hit “search” or if you had missed a field when putting info in.

I can’t tell you how many calculators I’ve been sent by people trying to do the math on their deal with .00101 MF and 60% residual.

4 Likes

Yeah it should default to 0 so we don’t have to deal with this

1 Like

Sure no problem. We will make the default value 0 for RV/MF.

7 Likes

If I had realized it would be that easy I would have asked a year ago :rofl:

4 Likes

Do you think people will not do their leases with 0.000 MF and 0% RV and then ask why their numbers don’t match Edmunds? lol

2 Likes

Yes I do think so. We have been looking into how to make the Calculator and Rate Findr more fool proof. We will make incremental changes whenever we can. Some changes just take more time than others.

1 Like

Leave the fields empty so null values will break calculations.

2 Likes

It’s a really tough one, put zero’s and the values should be so unrealistic that the average person would assume something is missing/incorrect. Put null values and people will wonder why it’s not working.

Maybe a tooltip of some sort that reminds people those values need to be sourced? Definitely tough from a UX/UI standpoint.

1 Like

Yea, I realized I forgot to hit the search button. Thanks for the help.

Yeah I was hoping the such unrealistic prices would do the trick but prob not.

Updated the Calculator. The residual value and money factor are now default to zero and there is a warning underneath if either field is zero. Hopefully that is clear enough.

7 Likes

Def will help! I get multiple texts a month with people telling me what my pricing “should be”.

1 Like

Nice!!

You should make: “Get the residual value using Rate Findr.”
into: “Get the residual value using Rate Findr.”

Boost those subscriber numbers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad my mistake annoyed everyone enough to fix a common problem.

4 Likes