Range Rover Sport & Full Size Reservations & Ordering

How long ago did you order?

no shadowline?

Hey
So question for people picking up there RR orders. I have an order from over a year arriving end of month and the dealer telling me 45K over or pound sand. Whatā€™s the response to that. Itā€™s got my name on it and obviously a year ago no one was talking anything over msrp and I have texts from salesman to prove it but also they donā€™t actually have to sell it to me at sticker. Right?

Iā€™d do shadowline on the sport maybe, but since Iā€™m not taking the dark rims Iā€™m going to go ā€œclassicā€

1 Like

Saw a white big body on the road a couple weeks ago. It was absolutely stunning

Saw a blacked out one today and it was just okay

2 Likes

I usually like the blacked out cars / shadowline trims, but I think all blacked out RR loses some of its aesthetic appeal. It just becomes a brute looking car, and if thatā€™s what you want, great, but not for me.

I was looking at orders and was between grey and blue; ended up going with portofino blue, no shadowline trim. Cognac interior on blue exterior just looks great IMO

2 Likes

Do you have a contract with a negotiated sales price?
Usually when you make an order they will list the sales price on the order sheet or whatever contract thingy they ask you to sign. You are not subject to market conditions or market adjustment because it is an ordered vehicle.

I have the order sheet with my name on it at sticker and nothing extra on it but I donā€™t have anything else thatā€™s super explicit that it was at sticker. Just text messages from salesperson that donā€™t show any market adjustment.

Refer to the order sheet. Your car is a factory order youā€™re not subject to market conditions. Dealer cannot sell it to somebody else. Call Land Rover USA.

1 Like

I did and they opened a customer service case but nothing past that. I put in a call to autonation hq and waiting on a callback. Car is due Friday so I guess it will resolve in some way shortly.

Sure they can. Itā€™s not the customerā€™s vehicle until itā€™s paid for and heā€™s picked up the car. Itā€™s a shitty business practice but happens all the time, especially if the customer doesnā€™t have anything binding in writing.

Heā€™s saying in the previous post he has an order sheet showing the vehicle at sticker price. Heā€™s saying the dealer is not honoring that. Itā€™s not his problem.
Iā€™ve never ordered a car not knowing what I was going to pay when the vehicle arrived, that seems strange.

A build sheet showing the MSRP is not a purchase agreement or a contract. Unless that build sheet happens to have a couple of signatures on it confirming a sales price it may very well be his/her problem.

Youā€™re both correct. When I ordered in December I was told by the sales rep it was at msrp however we also never had anything explicit besides the order itself that stated that. Conveniently this rep is ā€œon leaveā€ at the moment so it will probably be an entertaining few days coming up. The one thing they canā€™t screw out of at least is financing because I intend to bring a cashiers check for msrp plus taxes with me and go from there.

2 Likes

I went one LR dealer last week they said,we have 400 orders in our queue list for rr and rr sport.

1 Like

A month ago my dealer had 225 orders with deposits on RR full size only.

1 Like

Shipping getting delayed for the second time

1 Like

Check the ships to your port. There should be one arriving from Southampton on 10/28, but delayed.

1 Like

Thank you :pray:t4:

I highly doubt that unless OP has a written contract with selling price on it.